Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Bottles

Default Re: Alternative Bottles

I was almost sick right there in the middle of church when I discovered that spilled bottle. 4 oz all over everything in my bag. I'd taken a sippy cup, but no, he didn't want that. And he wasn't going to be fooled with a bottle of water either.

Anyway, I can't wait for this bottle to get here. Maybe that will help me get him to finally transition? I'm not holding my breath though.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

My LO used the breastflow bottle well, but my grandmothers and my father were not comfortable pushing the nipple far enough in his mouth. This resulted in wasted milk, frustration, and gas for my DS. We recently switched to the Dr. Brown's and he is doing well (as are caregivers).

I think that bottle looks cool Susan. I hope he nurses. Life would be so much easier for you.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I'll keep looking for odd bottles. Maybe someone someday will find this helpful.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

can't wait to hear about the mimi one!
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

I'm interested in feedback on the Comotomo - looks promising!
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

The Mimi one arrived, but I haven't had time to try it out. It looks interesting.

Comotutu will have to wait until my next paycheck DH thinks I have lost my mind buying all these bottles now with a 12 month old!
    Susan

So far, the Mimi one is NOT a good fit. But I'll try again when he's hungry later.

It makes me feel a little better about not being able to nurse him. Maybe he really can't

ETA: HE HATES IT. Won't even look at it!! $13 down the tubes

And our Target stopped carrying Breastflow, which is weird because they carry a pump that uses those bottles.
    Last edited by @llli*aprilsmagic; January 20th, 2012 at 10:28 AM.
    Susan

I've got a 6 month old daughter with Pierre Robin (cleft palate and recessed jaw) who has been on the Mead-johnson with a Dr. Brown's nipple for two and a half months now (she was on a feeding tube in the NICU prior to that, it was an incredible battle to keep her off of a gtube) I nursed my two older boys exclusively for two years each - neither one every had a bottle.

DD has only had breastmilk, though it was fortified with Enfamil to increase her weight gain until a month ago when my husband and I discontinued that. She plays at the breast a little but she's just not thinking it's for food. We really want her to transition to breast only after the cleft repair this summer. I literally just ordered the Comotomo bottle and am excited to try it in a couple of days! Will let you know how it goes!

I used the MJ before we went to a Haberman.
    Susan