Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weaning from breast to bottle help!

Unhappy Weaning from breast to bottle help!

Ok so my LO is just short of his first bday and we have been successfully nursing this whole year. My goal was to nurse for a year since I didn't want to give him formula. Since I'm a SAHM he never got too many bottles since it was just easier to give him the breast. Up until now I have absolutely loved nursing him. It's honestly been the most amazing bonding experience with him. I never thought I would say this but I am sooo ready to wean him off the breast. He has become so much more aggressive and he bites me and honestly I don't enjoy it at all anymore it's terrible. I've tried pumping and giving him bottles but he isn't satisfied. Not to mention he can't see me pump cause he cries. I can't go into the other room and pump and leave him alone. Are there any ways to gently wean him off the breast? I will give him breast milk until he turns one and maybe after that. I don't mind pumping but I really just feel like its time to move on. Help!
    Mommy to Desmond born 2/4/2011 8lbs 13 oz and Dean born 6/4/2014 7lbs 14oz

Loving and

Default Re: Weaning from breast to bottle help!

Have you tried different sippy cups? Both of my kids like the Nuby ones with soft nipples.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

I second the Nuby sippies. I tried every cup imaginable with m DD and those were the only ones she has taken to. They don't have a flow valve thing like the others... the flow stops because the soft spout seals itself up which is great if he's a biter/chewer since he can bit the spout and liquid will flow.
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love

Thanks I will try!
    Mommy to Desmond born 2/4/2011 8lbs 13 oz and Dean born 6/4/2014 7lbs 14oz

Loving and

Exactly! My son gnaws away on the nipple. And then tosses it like a drunken king when he's over it. So it won't leak.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kst.7399 View Post
    Exactly! My son gnaws away on the nipple. And then tosses it like a drunken king when he's over it. So it won't leak.
    "Drunken King" is perfect!
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love