Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nursing in chilly room / chilly weather

Default Nursing in chilly room / chilly weather

Anyone else get cold easily? Anyone seen any nursing tops that you can buy that don't expose you to so much cool air?

Default Re: Nursing in chilly room / chilly weat

I get cold super-easily! I don't wear nursing tops however. I just wear a regular t-shirt that I pull up. When it's chilly I also wear a cardigan or zip-up fleece hoodie. This way I can zip it open, lift the t-shirt underneath, and nurse baby while keeping warm.

In case you want to look for a nursing top, Expressiva Nursingwear is having a big sale today: http://www.expressiva.com/

I don't know what they have as I just got an email notice, but you might find some good alternatives.

Also, if your baby nurses well under a cover, you can drape a shawl or light baby blanket around you and baby (such as a cotton muslin blanket). This doesn't work for us as my baby doesn't nurse under covers!
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Would it be comfortable to wear a nursing tank with a sweatshirt over it? You could lift the sweatshirt up and pull the tank down.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mek View Post
    Would it be comfortable to wear a nursing tank with a sweatshirt over it? You could lift the sweatshirt up and pull the tank down.
    Yup. This is what I did!

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

I really like the Momzelle line.
    http://www.momzelle.com/
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

I like tops like Jalie's nursing sweat shirt, I have one just like it from motherwear, pretty much like this one at momzelle as far as the opening and covering goes-http://www.momzelle.com/us/long-sleeves-nursing-tops/red-turtleneck.html

I am also working on turtle necks from Elizabeth Lee. Mainly though cause they take such little fabric, and I can whip one up in minutes, I mainly have been wearing ELD ultimate mother cover in the faux turtle neck, with a cardi/jacket. But, that leaves a lot more exposed then the Jalie and other turtle necks.

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

I wear a regular (not nursing) tank under everything. So I can lift my sweater (and shirt, I wear tons of layers) and can pull down my tank and bra. That way my body is covered with at least the tank.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Thanks for all of the great ideas everyone! Much appreciated.

Oh, and if you do get specialized nursing wear, I suggest only getting summer stuff. You can always put a sweater over a tshirt or tank. You can't wear a big honkin' sweater or sweatshirt in July.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

I would say it depends on how long and how many children you plan on nursing. For me I have enough and plan on having more children, and I plan to nurse at least 2 years per a child, so for me it's worth the investment to have winter and summer nursing clothes. My sweatshirt nursing tops are some of my favorites for comfort.

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~