Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 10 months old and loves to eat

Default 10 months old and loves to eat

My guy just turned 10 months old and is eating 3 meals a day and is nursing 5-7 times a day. 1. morning, then eating solids 2. to sleep for first nap 3. to sleep for second nap 4. to sleep for 7pm bed time 5/6. one-two middle of the night feeding(s) 7. sometimes a random nursing during the day if he wants.

Am I nursing him too much? I love nursing, I had a really hard time the first 3 months so I never want to stop! He is healthy and he loves to eat (solids and milk), but is only in the 50% for weight 90% height. I feel that because I am lucky enough to not work full-time right now I should give him as much as he wants. Any thoughts?

Default Re: 10 months old and loves to eat

Nope you are not feeding him too much! Nurse as much as he wants! It should still be his number one source of nutrients until he is a year old. You are doing great mama! Keep it up! And continue to enjoy it

Thank you! Some books and people have said I'm "spoiling" him. I like your reply better : )

I have a little 8.5 month old that just LOVES solids and eats like a champ 3 meals per day. But I still nurse on demand 6-8 times per day and plan to do so for as long as possible!! If you and baby are happy then continue on ^__^
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

You can't spoil a baby by paying attention to him. He's a BABY! Not a grown-up or even a child.

A lot of books/people assume that all moms hate nursing and are eager to wean, or that babies "should" be weaned by a year. So they gear their advice towards increasing the amount of solids the baby is eating and decreasing time at the breast, in order to get the baby fully "independent" at 365 days old. Honestly, I think a lot of people think it would be best if baby just got his own apartment at that point, and started paying bills like the rest of us.

You can't nurse too often, even at this age, or even older. Especially if you both like to nurse!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thank you all so much!

I don't want him to get his own apartment, but if he could start paying some bills that could actually be very helpful