Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: sucked dry

Default sucked dry

Can the lo suck you dry been at it awhile and now she is fussin like she isn't getting anything.

Default Re: sucked dry

No your breasts will alway have milk, it just is harder as the feedings lengthen. Make sure to switch breasts, babies will often switch to needing both in one feeding, and remember the during a growth spurt it will feel like to are switching back and forth constantly! But thats what your body need to be signaled to make more milk.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

The faster the breast is emptied, the faster milk is made to replace it. It's like trying to empty a running faucet by drinking from it: it just can't be done.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

You don't say how old your baby is but this is a good article about what is normal and expected in the early weeks: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/newborn-nursing.html

she is over 0 weeks but was born at 37 weeks if that matters. Diaper output is good.

^ do you mean over 10 weeks? if diaper output is good and weight gain good baby is getting plenty so no need to worry that you may be dry. Also a 10 week old will still nurse very frequently that is normal. Fussyness does not mean not enough milk. Babies are fussy for many reasons and for no reason at all (that we can figure out) sometimes.