Hi, my baby is 3 weeks old and we had problems with a shallow latch and cracked nipples. I got a lot of wonderful advice here and although the latch is not perfect yet I feel we are improving. I have some questions about the duration and number of feedings and hopefully you can give some answers:
- my baby takes almost 1 h at each feeding; is this normal? how do I know he is not having too much or too little milk?
- how do I know he has finished the first breast? he always dozes of after 5-10 minutes, then I wind him and offer him the same breast 2-3 times; only then I switch to the other breast. is this correct?
- I worry that most of the time he goes 3h30 min or even 4 h between feedings; ped says not to wake him since he is gaining weight; should I not?
- should I worry my supply may go down with only 6-7 feeding per day?
- oh and he is gaining well, I can feel a nr of letdowns and I see him drinking
Thanks in advance for your input!