Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stomach Noises

Question Stomach Noises

DD has been making A LOT of noises in her tummy. She will gurgle, growl, rumble, squish, squeak and everything else. She's had diarrhea for almost a week but since she's staying hydrated, the pedi isn't worried yet. She won't eat solids (green at least). Should I be worried about the noises and that she's 28 weeks old (6.5 months) and still has blow out/leaky diapers (they fit great).
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"

Default Re: Stomach Noises

No, weird tummy noises are par for the course with diarrhea. Hope your LO gets better soon! Have you tried offering her BRAT solids (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast)? That might get things to firm up. Provided she will eat them, that is!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

my baby had diarrhea from a bug a couple of weeks ago. it took 10 days to heal. i think the illness itself was only 3 or 4 days (her temperature was higher than usual, around 99), but then it took time for her GI tract to heal. her belly was noisier during that time and she was very gassy.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Mommal, my pedi's office told me yesterday about the BRAT diet but why those foods? My pedi wanted DD to eat green veggies for iron but she won't eat those. Should I go out of order and give fruit when that's the last thing my pedi wants her to have?
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"

The BRAT foods are the ones that make poop firmer. You avoid them when your baby is constipated, offer them when the baby has diarrhea. Fruits and veggies are fine right now, but they aren't going to stop the diarrhea the same way the BRAT stuff should.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"