Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wraps?

Question Wraps?

My Daughter will be 4mo on the 15th and I know this is a little late in the game, but does anyone have any suggestions for a wrap that I could easily learn to breastfeed while wearing baby for many more months. Also think that baby will enjoy it!
    AdriAnn born 6/24/09
    Kayleigh born 9/15/11 with its struggles, but worth it all!

Default Re: Wraps?

I love my moby wrap. My DD is 4 months also.

Hi! Well, at about 4 mo we swtched from moby and ring sling to structured carrier (ergo). We still nurse in that at almost 11 mos. -- love it!
    Kate

Mother to a sweet boy, born at 34 weeks on 2/11/11.
    Proud that I grew 26 lbs of baby before solids, and still counting...

We received banked milk in the NICU. Thank you, donors!!!

I love my K'Tan http://www.babyktan.com/ ! I like the Moby as well, but wrapping it is a pain for me when on-the-go and it can be really hot (sweaty baby!). the K'Tan is basically a Moby that's already sewn together so you just throw it over your head. It's a bit stretchier so I've been able to nurse in it much easier than my Moby.
    If you have a baby boutique near you, they may have many different wraps and carriers that you can try out in-store and find the one that's right for you and babe (that's how I discovered my K'Tan).
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love

Thanks for the feedback. I had been looking at the Moby wrap, I know I can easily find one around here. The K'Tan is now also intriguing to me. The website does not show that it is carried in a store near me. I am nervous that I would not get the correct size. Is there any way to adjust the sizing if it is too big?
    AdriAnn born 6/24/09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lovemygirlso1 View Post
    I love my moby wrap. My DD is 4 months also.
    How difficult was it to learn how to wrap the Moby? And once you learn, how quick can you get it on?
    AdriAnn born 6/24/09

id suggest a maya wrap, ring sling.
    Born Free, Breastfed & Cloth Diapered
    Miss Melanie Elyse
    5/29/11 @ 5:47pm
    7lbs-4oz & 19 inches

In lieu of a moby, I'd recommend a woven wrap. they will work great at your LO's age, but work more in the long run as they have more support. Once my LO got to 3-4 mos, the moby was so stretchy that he could arch/push out of it. The woven wrap - he's in for good , kwim.

Woven wrap I have is didymos (love!)
    Soft structured carriers are nice too (I have a boba)
    Mei Tais are also nice (baby hawk = preferred)

The nice thing about the didymos I have (I got a size 6) -- is that I can do a front carry, back carry, hip carry, even a ring sling type carry. And I nurse in it ALL the time. (I nurse in the others too)

Wraps have a bit more of a learning curve compared to other carriers, but there are tons of videos online for learning. And very versatile. I like being able to change the carry based on what type of support I need (more flexible than a boba).
    3/2011 {EBF to 6mos, now BF and BLS, CD, EC'ing since 5mos - in underwear at 11mos, and babywearing}
    Babywearing International has chapters - see if there's one near you... most have lending libraries!

Oh, and with wraps - there is what's called a "poppable" front cross carry. You put the wrap on in an "x" style across your front -- and you can pop LO in and out all day long without removing the wrap. It's, coincidentally, a great carry to nurse in too! This is great for winter time, I can wear under my coat while out and about, even when driving/en route

Also forgot to mention -- while I've used the wrap in the sling carry, I'm not a fan of dedicated slings (I usually prefer weight distributed evenly on shoulders.)
    3/2011 {EBF to 6mos, now BF and BLS, CD, EC'ing since 5mos - in underwear at 11mos, and babywearing}
    Babywearing International has chapters - see if there's one near you... most have lending libraries!

The Moby has enough stretch that when your LO is bigger, it doesn't work that well. A woven wrap, a mei tai or a ring sling are all easy choices to nurse in. An Ergo is nice, but I prefer it for back carries versus nursing.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!