Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What's next....Reglan?

Angry What's next....Reglan?

So, it's official. I've hit a wall.....
    I have changed the membranes, tubing, changed shield sizes, went back on Lactation Blend, am decreasing Fenugreek so I can up it again after 4-5 days, took the faceplate off the pump to make sure there were no cracks, mold, dust as directed by Medela.

I called a LC consultant yesterday for their opinions.
    I called my OB to ask about the mini pill possibly affecting my supply...

DD woke last night screaming at the top of her lungs at 11:45 so I fed her, then she woke around 3:30, fed her again (this much waking is new). Tried to pump this morning and got just over 2 oz, pumped 3x today at work, barely squeezed out 15 oz. DD didn't really eat/I didn't have hardly anything to offer tonight after I picked her up from my mom's and she refused her veggie tonight.

Today, DD had only one 5 oz bottle and two 3 oz bottles as opposed to the normal three 5 oz bottles.

I typically can pump anywhere between 25-28 oz a day and would nurse 3x a day and now I'm getting 17-22 oz.

Thoughts on Reglan?
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"

Default Re: What's next....Reglan?

I'd do domperidone instead. Reglan causes depression for some women. But talk to your doc and IBCLC for thoughts for your case.

Can you do a nursing vacation? That would help get your supply up.

The wall is hard You might hit it again at 9 months, just so you know.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: What's next....Reglan?

I have thought about depression being an issue since I "suffer" from it already... Home and work life add to it.

I can't do a nursing vacation sadly. I just took vacation last month and probably won't again till June when DD turns 1. I feel like I'm glued to my pump more than anything and it sucks! I would feel more comfortable hitting the wall @ 9 months than 6 to be honest. I know I could squeak by with my freezer stash then since I want to BF for at least the first year.

I've been reading a lot on the Pumping Chit Chat thread for the first time yesterday and feeling a lot better about things (not great) knowing I'm not fully defective

Thanks for the reply Susan! I always look forward to your feedback! (my posts or not)
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"