Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: probiotics for me?

Default probiotics for me?

So no other animal dairy for me & my body is really missing yogurt. Anyone know if the probiotic pills have any issues coming through milk?

Default Re: probiotics for me?

They work, IMHO. My homeopath also said to open the capsule, get a little of the powder on my finger, then dab into LO's mouth if you're trying to make sure

Also -- some non-dairy probiotic sources I can think of are water kefir, and miso soup.
    3/2011 {EBF to 6mos, now BF and BLS, CD, EC'ing since 5mos - in underwear at 11mos, and babywearing}
    Babywearing International has chapters - see if there's one near you... most have lending libraries!

Not sure what you're asking here, but you can get dairy-free probiotics for you and your baby if that's what you need. If your baby has thrush, you want to treat baby directly in addition to whatever gets through your milk, for sure.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

The probiotics are for me. Just wanted to make sure the adult dose didn't have any adverse effects on him. We're not treating anything, just miss my yogurt & cheese & so does my body, everything just works better & brain does too when there's not a lot of extra toxins floating around! Completely forgot about miso! & have never heard about water kefir? Would this be sort of like the water that separates from cottage cheese, mozzarella? thanks for the info!

Are you familiar with regular kefir? cow's milk fermented with kefir grain. Well, instead of milk... water fermented with kefir grains

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibicos
    3/2011 {EBF to 6mos, now BF and BLS, CD, EC'ing since 5mos - in underwear at 11mos, and babywearing}
    Babywearing International has chapters - see if there's one near you... most have lending libraries!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*adriankelly View Post
    The probiotics are for me. Just wanted to make sure the adult dose didn't have any adverse effects on him. We're not treating anything, just miss my yogurt & cheese & so does my body, everything just works better & brain does too when there's not a lot of extra toxins floating around! Completely forgot about miso! & have never heard about water kefir? Would this be sort of like the water that separates from cottage cheese, mozzarella? thanks for the info!
    Absolutely no adverse effects! It's basically harmless. They make it for babies too, and the dosage isn't all that diff't. I think your body just passes what you don't use.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*elisabetsey View Post
    Are you familiar with regular kefir? cow's milk fermented with kefir grain. Well, instead of milk... water fermented with kefir grains

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibicos
    LOVE regular kefir! Drank about a quart a day when I was pregnant. Really really miss it now. I'llhave to check it out.