Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pumping at Work- not a lot of milk

Default Re: Pumping at Work- not a lot of milk

I never htought about him eating to much! When we went for his 6 month checkup, he was in the 40 th percentile for weight and height. He just always seems hungry!! I will definatly look into how much he is eating. thanks for bringing that to my attention!

And... I think the problem was birth control! i forgot to pick it up last week, so I have been two weeks with out it. And magically Monday, I pumped about double what I did the Friday before. It has steadily come back. So no more birth control for this mommy!

Thanks for all of the advise and comments!

Also - if you run into the problem again - you might want to try to pump on your way into the office. That might be a way to squeeze another session in, without having to take another break at work.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

When my supply starts to run low, I take a day or two off from work so that DS can get my milk supply back up on his own. I do shift work, so I just swap shifts with whoever is willing. I don't know if this is an option for you or if you can take some sick/vacation days to do this. He's pretty fussy and nursing constantly the first day, but by the second he is his normal self, and sure enough, when I go back to work my milk supply has shot up again. Good luck, and keep at it. It's normally a combination of efforts (fenugreek, increased pumping, nursing more, etc) that gets supply back up in my experience.
    Exclusively BF since 2/1/11 with no end in sight.
    THE greatest joy of my life.