Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I miss nursing

Default I miss nursing

DD2 was weaned just before she turned 15 months. I got preggo when she was 9.5 months and my supply tanked around 8 weeks in. We fought through that and the nipple pain, but she eventually stopped asking. I had intended to nurse her LONGER than DD1 (who weaned at 17 months, also because I was preggo). So I was really disappointed.

The last week DD2 has had a cold and just been miserable. I lay down with her in her bed and she can't seem to snuggle close enough to me. I also realized yesterday that she finally cut that top molar she's been working on has made it through and the opposite side had one point through. She's been beside herself. I KNOW nursing would have helped this past week. I miss being able to soothe her so effectively.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: I miss nursing

That sounds hard, mama. For everybody. I'm sorry

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Sorry mama
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

I know I miss it too, very, very much.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I think what hurts the most is that I didn't WANT to wean. Neither did she. There just wasn't anything left.

Thanks for understanding ladies it's tough because I don't have anyone else to share this with that would get it like you all do.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I'm still sad that my nursing relationship with Joe didn't end (or, more precisely, is not ending, since I still nurse him occasionally when I can stand the discomfort and sore nipples) according to the beautiful ideal I had in my head. It's a loss, and you have to grieve it.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Pey still loves to cuddle them even though we weaned after about 6 weeks when i found out i was pregnant ( she was 25 months but she was not ready to wean, but i was just to sore) It's like how you say your DD can't get close enough. Pey will say hug hug as you have her wrapped in a bear hug and she likes it when i have a cleaveagy shirt on so she can pull it down and rest her head skin to skin on the top of my boobs maybe some skin to skin like that will make you and her feel better?
    I'm Melanie and back to being a SAHM again... which is lovely!
    Mom to DD1 Peyton born June 22, 2009 @ 4:40pm (39 weeks & 6 Days) 7 lbs & 6 Oz... Successfully BF for 25 months!
    Mom to DD2 Sadie born March 3, 2012 @ 1:44am (39 weeks & 1 day) 6 lbs & 9 Oz

That must be very tough for you. I always ask my husband "What if I regret weaning?" when I get comments about my 2 1/2 yr old nursing. I couldn't imagine if I didn't have any choice in the matter.
    BF'ing + pumping (working full time as BFPC) CD'ing , baby wearing , mother of an intact son , co-sleeping , and tandem nursing toddler... Plus I wear deodorant.

I haven't been around here for a while because life got busy but my son just weaned and I had to come back because I feel the same way. Tonight I am totally mourning that my son weaned "early" because I am pregnant. We made it 20 weeks into the pregnancy and then I completely dried up. He lost interest and quickly forgot how when he was about 20months old. Tonight he tried to nurse and I totally lost it. I cried so hard and I keep thinking about it and am crying now. I know some of this is pregnancy hormones but I never thought I would have such a hard time having my child wean. Thank you very much for posting and I send ya hugs as you go through this too.

ETA: I suppose I should fix my signature below soon, since an end has come.
    Last edited by @llli*khall05; January 6th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.
    Married 9/17/2005
    Mother to Seamus born 3/9/2010 7lbs 9oz Still nursing with no end in sight!
    I love , , cloth diapers! with #2! Due 4/5/2012. for a Vbac!