Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I hate pumping

Default I hate pumping

There, I've said it.

Default Re: I hate pumping

Had to try a smaller post this time because I posted a long message earlier while pumping at work, and it was deleted before posting.

I'm back to work after being off for a few weeks due to the holiday and getting back into the pumping routine. Thankfully I built up my supply while on break so my freezer stash is built up again, but I'm still hating the time at work when I pump.

Just venting...

I hate stopping in the middle of an already fragmented day to pump.
    I hate washing my pump parts and bottles at night when I'm exhausted from the day.
    I hate having to find a room in the building that us available, and kicking people out of the room I've reserved for pumping.
    I hate that I've been walked in on twice already, despite my efforts to post signs and lock the door.
    I hate the pumping sensation itself. Well not like it is painful, but it is not enjoyable like the time with my daughter.
    I hate when I pump and my output is low. Very frustrating...

I do love breastfeeding though. And I love my job so it is all worth it in the end.

Join us in the pumping chitchat thread! We all commiserate. :P

Preach it, mama.

I hate it too, for all those reasons, plus some.

the pumping chit chat thread
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Amen Sister!
    July 27 2011

I hate having to find a room in the building that us available, and kicking people out of the room I've reserved for pumping.
    I hate that I've been walked in on twice already, despite my efforts to post signs and lock the door.
    do you live somewhere where your right to have a place & time to pump is protected by law? Even if you don't, Can you talk to your boss or human resources about this? Kind of outrageous you don't have a regular place that you can lock. I know its just not possible in all work places but still.

See pumping and working docs on this website for arguments for bosses who don't get the benefits to them of making it comfortable for mom to pump at work.