Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nipple ointment?

Default Nipple ointment?

What is your favorite nipple ointment? Or do you not use one? I used the all-purpose nip ointment for the first month or so out of the hospital and I really liked it. But I dont want to continue using that since it is medicated. I am not a big fan of lanolin, so I was wondering what else people like that I might try.

No real medical reason for it, I just feel a bit battered some days when he is extra nursy and could use a little lotion or something.
    EBFing, CDing, BWing, co-sleeping mamma to Bennett (9/5/11).
    Excited to be a BM donor through Indiana Mothers Milk Bank (http://www.immb.org/).

Default Re: Nipple ointment?

I've used Medela Tender Care Lanolin for almost five months now that I've been breastfeeding my son . I wasn't a fan of lanolin when I had my first son because of the thick texture, and it actually hurt to apply, but this brand is actually very soothing. I use it every day.

i love lansinoh lanolin, i like the fact its thick and it really helps me when im sore. i still use it throughout most of the day.
    u can also use basic vaseline intead as u dont have to wash it off before feeds

I really like Motherlove's nipple cream...it's all natural. I got pretty sore from pumping & I found Motherlove to be much more soothing than the Medela lanolin & also the APNO that I was prescribed.
    DD, 7-2-2011, "Little Owl" nursed for 21 months

DS, 10-10-2013, "Mr. Man" EBF and going strong

Great, thanks for the suggestions! I haven't tried lanolin in a while, so maybe I will give it another go again. I still have some from before (although not the medela brand). I just ordered some of the Motherslove and look forward to trying that too!
    EBFing, CDing, BWing, co-sleeping mamma to Bennett (9/5/11).
    Excited to be a BM donor through Indiana Mothers Milk Bank (http://www.immb.org/).

I loved the medela brand. It's not thick or sticky. It's light and goes on really smooth. I used it after every feeding for the first two months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Kate
    Wife to Jason
    Mom to Aubrey 4/06 queen
    Mom to Nathan 5/08 Relactated for him and he got EBM for a year
    Mom to Jack 8/11

i used lansinoh and fell in love with it when i accidentally left it in my bathrobe pocket! when it was warm from being against my skin it was sooo easy to apply and it was so soothing!