Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do? Scared she'll wean.

Default Re: What to do? Scared she'll wean.

I am sure they would be OK to bring the girls too. I just don't want to encumber them, ya know? I'd rather just stay home with my girls than to make it hard on them. They ADORE their granddaughters to the extreme but I just know that when they go on a trip its a full on event. I will talk to DH about seeing if we can bring them. I know they'd love the hikes and the beach and everything. I've never been away from DD2 for more than a couple hours since she is only 4 months and EBF and won't take a bottle. And my DD1 is 3 and the longest I've been away from her was when I had DD2! So you are all right I am sure I would freak out the whole time. I am a stay at home mom too so I am never away from them. My in laws are very supportive of BFing but they don't understand it over a year so I think they think its not a big deal if she weans or whatever. When it's a huge deal to me. Anyway. Thanks for the tips. I will either take them with us or not go.

Default Re: What to do? Scared she'll wean.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lovemygirlso1 View Post
    I am sure they would be OK to bring the girls too. I just don't want to encumber them, ya know? I'd rather just stay home with my girls than to make it hard on them. They ADORE their granddaughters to the extreme but I just know that when they go on a trip its a full on event. I will talk to DH about seeing if we can bring them. I know they'd love the hikes and the beach and everything. I've never been away from DD2 for more than a couple hours since she is only 4 months and EBF and won't take a bottle. And my DD1 is 3 and the longest I've been away from her was when I had DD2! So you are all right I am sure I would freak out the whole time. I am a stay at home mom too so I am never away from them. My in laws are very supportive of BFing but they don't understand it over a year so I think they think its not a big deal if she weans or whatever. When it's a huge deal to me. Anyway. Thanks for the tips. I will either take them with us or not go.
    The trip sounds awesome, but you know what, I would do the same thing, mama. So I support your choice. I hope you can take them with you, because I bet that would be a ton of fun, but if not, I would probably stay home too, rather than leave a small infant that long, especially one who doesn't take a bottle, etc. It sucks in one way, but on the other hand, they are only little babies for such a short time.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.