Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: I cant take how BF = bb always wif u, =(

Default Re: I cant take how BF = bb always wif u

I just wanted to offer my support for what it's worth. I know it sounds trite to say, "Hang in there!" but things do get better and easier. Get the help you need and just take things day-by-day.

If you want to stop nursing, stop, by all means. It is not worth risking your health to continue if you truly feel weaning will help you.

But please know: Mothers absolutely can safely breastfeed on many anti-depressants. Its much safer than weaning to formula, which carries proven health risks. And certainly it is safer than mom not getting the treatment she needs! There is lots of misinformation about breastfeeding on "the web." You have no idea who is posting on most forums, what their sources are, or what their motives. Did you know that some Formula compainies sponsor "breastfeeding support" forums that give notoriously poor breastfeeding information? You need to get your info from RELIABLE SOURCES that are supportive of breastfeeding. No one is going to tell mothers to keep breastfeeding if it is not safe-there is no money in it. But there is a lot of financial incentive to convince mothers to not breastfeed. PLEASE contact www.infantrisk.com or your local LLL Leader for the facts about any meds that are suggested to you.

Not nursing is not likely to change how you feel or change the fact you are now a mother with a baby that relies on you to care for it. Your baby will still need to be with you, pretty constantly-no matter how you are feeding baby, right? Breastfeeding did not cause your current issues. The hormones present when a mom is nursing usually help make mothers feel better, and so in fact weaning has a risk of increasing mood disorders. Studies show that a mother who weans unwillingly or feels pressured into weaning by poor advice or lack of support may feel worse after weaning.
    Please, Keep getting professional help, if one doctor or therapist does not help, find another. Please try to be honest with them about all your concerns, not just the PPD. Did you ever contact these folks? http://postpartum.net/

with all of the above.

just wanted to see if you called infannt risk. i have heard that speaking with the people there has put many woman at ease regarding meds.

just thinking of you today.

Hey, just wanted to see how you are doing emeline, and how your appointment went today

Been thinking of you all weekend Let us know how you are doing. And all of us are only a PM away if you need to talk.

I've been thinking of you and hoping you're hanging in there.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

many of us are thinking of you and hoping you are able to check in and let us know how you're doing..
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love

Just checking in with some . I hope your appointment went well. We're all here for you.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

thinking of you!

same here, Emeline. I hope you're feeling better.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and