Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: I cant take how BF = bb always wif u, =(

Default Re: I cant take how BF = bb always wif u

N i am sorry if I dun answer all your questions and have just been talking about me me me. I'm just so anxious and all that I want to do is eat and eat..even replying now I'm bingeing.

I hope you ladies dun find me selfish. really appreciate your help and advice.

It's not binge eating. You are nursing. You need the calories. And you have 20 people here who have been where yo have been telling you will feel better. Have you never been on meds before? It sounds like you really could have used them before now?

Way too lazy for formula

You need a therapist if you don't want to take medication! Life is hard, especially if a little one is added to the mix and your state of mind is so fragile. We are rooting for you, try to stay strong!

You need to contact Dr. Hale. He can put the risks into perspective for you. What you read on the net sounds very scary, but the reality is very, very different. He will be happy to talk to you.

I took meds when I had PPD with my first baby. My psychiatrist (perhaps you should talk to one too) said that a very low amount of Zoloft gets into the milk, and blood levels in the baby are not detectable.

So there are alternatives to Prozac if you are not comfortable taking meds.

You will get better IF you take the steps needed to get better.
    1. Good support at home.
    2. COUNSELING. You WILL NOT get better, IMHO, from what you write, without it. You have several issues going on that the birth of your baby has exacerbated. You NEED this.
    3. Medication, just for a while perhaps. I only needed medication for some months then weaned off. Some moms find that they need meds long term.

She is dependent on you. That means you need to step up and do what you need to do to get better.

I think you will regret quitting nursing and use it as another reason to beat yourself up. Instead, work on getting better with breastfeeding in the picture.

I will tell you that I know breastfeeding is the reason I stuck around; I was terribly depressed and really considered leaving my husband, whim I love dearly, because of the depression. I didn't want to be around the baby (which is very typical of PPD). But I knew the baby needed to eat. Formula wasn't an option. So I finally got help. I felt better within a month, continued to improve over the next year, and it was OK again. I wish I had gotten help sooner than I did. I look back with regret on that time, time I lost with my first baby.

I am glad you went to the doctor.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

there is hope and wellness for you out there, but you need to find a therapist immediately. I suffered from depression, a dissociative disorder and severe self injury for most of my life. I was in therapy with a wonderful therapist for ten years... that's right, ten years! and I couldn't have gotten better without the support and insight of my therapist. no one can do this on their own and that's ok! there is help out there. I still have my rough days, but I'm not on the brink anymore, I haven't injured myself in a few years and I never thought that would happen for me. when you are in the depths of your darkness it seems like there will never be anything else. Please, please find a therapist (preferably a Ph.D who specializes in eating disorders) and make an appointment. Your therapist will also be able to refer you to a psychiatrist to explore medications. The greasest gift you can give your child right now is to get yourself better.
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*emeline View Post
    I cant bear to take the meds. I read of the possible side effects prozac has on a breastfeeding baby and I will be filled with guilt if I did so. My family also does not want me too.

My doctor told me to go off breastfeeding if it was making me feel bad. He said that formula is fine. But I will listen to you ladies and hang in there for a while.

I cant wait for each nursing session to end, for her to be taken away from me.

It's not her fault, I don't resent her. I just feel angry with myself for not being responsible enough and accepting motherhood and the changes it brings.
    and motherhood is a lifelong thing. This child is a lifelong responsibility. I think about it and makes me cry.
    I am so sorry you're having such a hard time. I will say, though, that even switching her to formula is not going to address the ED/depression/etc, and it won't reduce her dependence on you. Please call infantrisk.org and get accurate information, and make your decision based on what you need, not what your family thinks.

ETA: And definitely find and work with a counselor. You can feel better, and you deserve to.

What about Zoloft? There are meds that are safe for use during breastfeeding. Why does your family not want you on meds? They must have no clue about how bad things really are. You can take the meds and not tell them. It isnt their business anyway. You need to get better for your baby and for yourself. Don't let anyone hold you back from that. I doubt weaning would help you with getting better. Might make you feel worse. Hormones change when you wean. Lots of women become depressed when they wean. Like I said before, breastfeeding was the only thing that kept me and my son together and bonding. Formula was not an option for me. If it was though, I am sure I would have sent my son with anyone who would have taken him and lost out on his life. Now, I still missed a ton because I waited so long to seek help. I would change that if I could. However, we cannot change the past. So now is the time to take charge and do what's best. Contact dr hale. And keep looking for a psychiatrist or therapist. If your doctor will not help you and only recommends weaning, you may need to look for another. Also, were you being completely honest with your doctor?

I have struggled with ppd since ds born in february. I didn't think I really had it but I knew something was wrong and finally after 8 months I called the doctor. We talked in her office and she prescribed zoloft and I feel amazing! I didn't know how much I was truly hurting. I think maybe I have had some depression issues my whole life and this has really helped. I feel like a new person. Admitting it is easier said than done but when I finally sat down and was completely honest, it felt so good. Don't wait another minute! I am thinking of u

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*emeline View Post
    I cant believe that I have a life totally dpd on me now. I don't want that!!
    Emeline, please don't think about it this way. It gets too overwhelming. Try to focus on the simple tasks of the everyday, and get as much help with these tasks as you can. And yes, a baby does make everything more complicated... You will have to find a new kind of freedom, a freedom with baby. Also, now that she's little she demands constant attention. But as she grows, you'll gradually get your own time and freedom back. Maybe not everything as it was before, but it won't be as intense as the newborn period.

It is very hard to deal with all of this by yourself. I think all of us wish we could do more, but our messages can only go so far. You need professional help from a therapist you can trust. I hope you can find one.

march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Emeline: who did you see, your GP, someone at A&E? Did you talk to your midwife or health visitor? I am really worried that they do not understand how much is going on for you and how badly you feel. I know that the UK and US have different ideas about which the safest anti-depressants are (based on length of data collection etc) But there is a drug out there which can help you (so far they have basically found no issues with zoloft but they haven't been studying for many decades yet). But the medication is not enough. Have you never seen anyone about your ED/exercise issues? Because you need to see someone who will address those issue too. They all come from the same place. Your hormones are making the PPD worse, but it is coming from the same place as your ED.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mumtothomas View Post
    I am so sorry you're having such a hard time. I will say, though, that even switching her to formula is not going to address the ED/depression/etc, and it won't reduce her dependence on you. Please call infantrisk.org and get accurate information, and make your decision based on what you need, not what your family thinks.

ETA: And definitely find and work with a counselor. You can feel better, and you deserve to.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    You need to contact Dr. Hale. He can put the risks into perspective for you. What you read on the net sounds very scary, but the reality is very, very different. He will be happy to talk to you.

I took meds when I had PPD with my first baby. My psychiatrist (perhaps you should talk to one too) said that a very low amount of Zoloft gets into the milk, and blood levels in the baby are not detectable.

So there are alternatives to Prozac if you are not comfortable taking meds.

You will get better IF you take the steps needed to get better.
    1. Good support at home.
    2. COUNSELING. You WILL NOT get better, IMHO, from what you write, without it. You have several issues going on that the birth of your baby has exacerbated. You NEED this.
    3. Medication, just for a while perhaps. I only needed medication for some months then weaned off. Some moms find that they need meds long term.

She is dependent on you. That means you need to step up and do what you need to do to get better.

I think you will regret quitting nursing and use it as another reason to beat yourself up. Instead, work on getting better with breastfeeding in the picture.
    with this too
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.