Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: I cant take how BF = bb always wif u, =(

Default Re: I cant take how BF = bb always wif u

Mama, please please see your doctor. This really is an emergency. Even if you need meds that's fine, there are LOTS of safe alternatives for nursing. Also, you don't need to make any decisions about breastfeeding right now. What I would do is keep nursing for now because if you stop or start pumping and bottlefeeding you may not be able to go back once you feel better, kwim? Get some treatment, and then decide if nursing is really so bad. The depression is coloring everything right now. You may actually LIKE being with your baby and bonding with her all the time once this problem is treated...
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    You know I don't know that I would call the eating your doing right now "binge eating" I mean you ARE hungry all the time from nursing aren't you? You are supposed to be taking in an extra 500 calories a day while nursing. I think you can relax about the extra eating. You actually need it. So need to feel horrible about it. It's actually the right thing to do right now. Most of us were hungry non-stop for months after giving birth.
    I have been eating like a truck driver since my baby was born. Nursing makes me absolutely ravenous (I wasn't a big eater before). And it burns all the calories, I swear. You need the nutrients and energy for you and for your baby... don't give yourself a hard time for it.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*melissawoods View Post
    The depression is coloring everything right now. You may actually LIKE being with your baby and bonding with her all the time once this problem is treated...

You may discover (good) feelings you never imagined before. When nursing is going well (usually after the first few weeks, which are difficult for most moms), it actually has relaxing and anti-depressant effects. I think it's the hormones, esp. oxytocin. My nursing sessions make me feel so calm and contented, even if I had been stressed out or worried about other things before.

What you are going through is not your fault. You shouldn't feel guilty about it. Let's say you had the flu, or if you got physically hurt somehow--you would go to the doctor and get treated so you could heal, right? It's the same thing here. Post-partum depression, eating disorders, exercise addiction--these are health issues, they are not your fault and not your choice. And for this reason you do need professional help to improve.

Mama, we're all rooting for you here. You deserve to feel better soon, as soon as possible, and not next week!

i love my little one

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*emeline View Post
    I took the test. score was v high. I know I have PPD and I need help.
    I told my mum. She's coming over to help me. BB will sleep with her at night while she wakes me up for feeds.

I dun want to go to the AnE. I dun want them to hospitalize me or just give me drugs. I'll try to hang in there to see my doctor next week. BUt if I really feel bad, I will go to the AnE.
    I don't know if you are still on here, but I hope you are. Call your Drs. after hours service. Tell them you took the test. Tell them your score. Tell them you need to be seen within 24hrs. If they don't pay attention to you call your health visitor and tell them your score too. Do they still have drop in hours at the health center to get your baby weighed and ask questions (I haven't lived in the UK for 12 years and I know things have changed?) Go tomorrow and tell one of the nurses your score. I have had depression of varying degrees for most of my adult life. And pretty bad PPD that came on a little later than I thought PPD did. And I know when I tried to tell people I back pedaled it all the time. I down played. I said "I am a little bit down" when I was crying for hours every single day. I said "I am a little overwhelmed" when I was considering who would take my kids if I commit suicide. You need to tell them your score. They need to know.

I think I will too.
    I dun know why, but I always find something to start feeling guilty and self loathing about. It's more than just PPD right?
    Your eating disorder and exercise addiction probably come from the same place in your brain and experience that depression do and I know that place well. It is what tells you there is something to feel guilty about. That you aren't worth looking after. But it lies. It lies to you every minute of every day. It feeds itself by pulling you down. So don't listen to it. And get help. Life without it is AMAZING.

I think I better go see AnE tomorrow.
    If you get no luck from your GPs office or health visitor please do go. We are pulling for you
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

You know, the point about eating is a good one. I've always eaten an incredible amount of food after having a baby, and I still lost weight without doing anything. Breastfeeding alone burns a lot of calories.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    You know, the point about eating is a good one. I've always eaten an incredible amount of food after having a baby, and I still lost weight without doing anything. Breastfeeding alone burns a lot of calories.
    I ate SO MUCH FOOD after Joe was born and I was breastfeeding. I had oversupply, and I was pumping 12-15 oz a day in addition to feeding Joe, who plumped up like you would not believe, putting pounds on every month, so I am convinced that I needed all of those calories. I still returned to pre-pregnancy weight within 6 or 7 months postpartum. And then I got even smaller! I am now three months pregnant, and still weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with Joe. It doesn't work like this for every woman, of course, but for me, breastfeeding seriously burned calories, and continued to burn crazy calories for the two and a half years I kept it up.

I am really heartened to hear that you are seeing that this is a genuine emergency. We are here with you, pulling for you. I know that you can feel better, you will see the other side of this horrible illness.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

hi emeline, i came here to check on you. i hope you are feeling better. keep us posted.

i love my little one

I cant bear to take the meds. I read of the possible side effects prozac has on a breastfeeding baby and I will be filled with guilt if I did so. My family also does not want me too.

My doctor told me to go off breastfeeding if it was making me feel bad. He said that formula is fine. But I will listen to you ladies and hang in there for a while.

I cant wait for each nursing session to end, for her to be taken away from me.

It's not her fault, I don't resent her. I just feel angry with myself for not being responsible enough and accepting motherhood and the changes it brings.
    and motherhood is a lifelong thing. This child is a lifelong responsibility. I think about it and makes me cry.

What about zoloft? Where are you getting your information about possible side effects? Look it up or possible ALTERNATIVES at infantrisk.com or contact Dr. Hale directly. He specializes in which drugs are breastfeeding compatible and what level the risk are. Zoloft is the least risk possible I believe.

Way too lazy for formula

What if I don't get better?
    I want to be free, but I know that I cant just leave a baby, my parents, and husband behind. BUt I am tired of struggling.
    I have been fighting depression, EDs, exercise obsession, self-loathing my whole life.
    My parents told me that the baby would give my life meaning but her appearance has made everything so much more complicated.

I cant believe that I have a life totally dpd on me now. I don't want that!!