Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: I cant take how BF = bb always wif u, =(

Default Re: I cant take how BF = bb always wif u

Hello all

Been thinking of all you lovely ladies.

I will call infant risk tom. Am feeling a bit better the past few days. Think its cos I have a 2 hrs break in the afternoon.

But suddenly my breastmilk supply has dropped. Like within 2 days. am so worried that my lil one is starving. Can supply just drop so rapidly? (and I have oversupply and OALD)

Is today the 18th? Are you seeing the doctor today?

Way too lazy for formula

Why not call today? It's 2:30 PM eastern now, a good couple hours the phone lines are still open

I know you can do this!

Also, with regards to the supply, your breasts may not feel as full anymore as your body adjusts its supply. The best way to tell if she is getting enough is to make sure she has enough wet and dirty diapers.

Good luck with the appointment!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*katia11 View Post
    The best way to tell if she is getting enough is to make sure she has enough wet and dirty diapers.

If you think there's a drop in diapers, you can bring your supply back up by nursing and/or pumping more often and for longer periods. I know you were having issues with frequent nursings to begin with, but it's the most effective (and sometimes only) way of increasing supply. I just wanted to say this so you know that, if you want to increase supply, there's a way.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Hello ladies
    I've been up and down, but on the whole better. Will be seeing a therapist regularly fr next week.
    Thk you for the support and advice.

Oh yes, the doctor says I have PND. So he recommended meds and a therapist. I'm trying not to take the meds right now, going to tr with a therapist and family support first...but if I still feel down, I will reconsider the meds.

That is a reasonable plan. I handled it that way myself when I had some sort of weird hormonal/emotional upheaval after my third baby; it wasn't PPD (2 doctors and a therapist agreed) but I was not myself. And it went away with better support and talk therapy. If you aren't feeling better after some time with that, then add in medication, knowing it will take some weeks to kick in. This will really help. I'm glad you are getting help.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!