Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fire Engine Red Diaper Rash/Food Allergy

Default Re: Fire Engine Red Diaper Rash/Food All

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kst.7399 View Post
    I started reading up on it and there is conflicting reports. Some say do not ever use it for diaper rash. But Dr. Sears still has it on his site.
    My doctor is totally okay with it, even suggested it.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    My doctor is totally okay with it, even suggested it.
    From what I'm getting you have to be careful to just get clotrimazole and be sure it doesn't have betamethasone in it.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kst.7399 View Post
    From what I'm getting you have to be careful to just get clotrimazole and be sure it doesn't have betamethasone in it.
    Okay. Hadn't heard this specifically, but my doctor did specify clotraminazole. I didn't have a hard time finding it on its own.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mtmama View Post
    we just had a very bad rash, with cuts we used an antifungal and it eventually did work. but it took about a week and i wasnt sure if it was working for a few days.

jenna, what do you mean by barrier cream? maybe i needed to use that

BTW i never use desitin! i did with my first but he got a bad rash and i found that the desitin actually made it so much worse. and now that i think of it it was after we used an antibiotic too! he would scream when i put it on. we then started using triple paste. we now call it "the good stuff"

i cd now and only use cream if there is a problem, which is pretty rare.
    we use A&D ointment as a barrier ointment. it's moisturizing and protects their skin from anything that is irritating.
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love

i too have read conflicting stuff about antifungal creams. i read this site when i thought we had thrush. there is a section on over the counter antifungal creams

i just went to the dr sears site and the top story was : DIAPER RASH http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/skin-care/diaper-rash
    Last edited by @llli*mtmama; January 1st, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

Yep we used lotrimin and the barrier cream is just CB diaper rash cream which just kerps moisture off the rash while healing.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language