Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Should I pump & dump?

Default Should I pump & dump?

Last nights dinner made both me and DH sick, I've thrown up a lot, will I be safe to nurse DD or pump & dump?
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"

Default Re: Should I pump & dump?

Safe to nurse. If this is a gastrointestinal bug, it's not going to show up in your milk. However, it's very likely to be present on your hands or your DH's hands, so start being religious about hand washing.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Safe to nurse. If this is a gastrointestinal bug, it's not going to show up in your milk. However, it's very likely to be present on your hands or your DH's hands, so start being religious about hand washing.
    and because it's likely to be present on your hands, your breastmilk is PERFECT because if this is a virus your breastmilk is already producing things to fight the bug so it's important that your baby get your breastmilk
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Thanks for the replies! I was worried because I didn't want what I ate to upset her too. I just hope now I can stay hydrated enough to make enough milk and function. Right now water is still making me queezy and I am so light headed, I had to sit down 4 times while changing DD's diaper!
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"

Yikes! Feel better mama

same happened to me a few weeks ago. i threw up... thankfully my baby was fine!
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one