Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don't Want to CIO- but EXHAUSTED!!!

Default Re: Don't Want to CIO- but EXHAUSTED!!!

I did CIO with my first and it worked wonders. He still is a great sleeper. I have not done ugh with my second bc it hasn't seemed right with him. I think it depends on you and your baby and what your gut says to do. Hang in there...

Well, last night was even worse!! He went to sleep at 8pm and woke up at 11:15am, 12:30am, 2am, 4am, and 5:30am- EEK! Tonight we will try some different tactics.... He'll get some Advil in case it is teething, and we will be pulling out the bed in the spare room so the babe and I can sleep on it and maybe get some more rest. We may try the Moses basket in our bedroom if he isn't too big for it. We'll try SOMETHING different, anyway! Last night I finally just slept with him on the couch because I was so exhausted. Hoping he is teething and it will get better soon! How long did it take for your babe to get their upper incisors? Is it a long process?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Meganmom View Post
    Well, last night was even worse!! He went to sleep at 8pm and woke up at 11:15am, 12:30am, 2am, 4am, and 5:30am- EEK! Tonight we will try some different tactics.... He'll get some Advil in case it is teething, and we will be pulling out the bed in the spare room so the babe and I can sleep on it and maybe get some more rest. We may try the Moses basket in our bedroom if he isn't too big for it. We'll try SOMETHING different, anyway! Last night I finally just slept with him on the couch because I was so exhausted. Hoping he is teething and it will get better soon! How long did it take for your babe to get their upper incisors? Is it a long process?
    I meant to write earlier...but couldn't. i am in ur shoes to a tee!!! Dd is 7 months today and sleeping same way.... I am experimenting with advil and so far if she doesn't have it she wakes crying/complaining regardless if she sleeps with me or crib. I took it one step further and had Hubbie give bottle of breast milkk and so far advil with bottle has given her a linger stretch. Yesterday I gave no milk no advil and she woke up so many times and we co slept after she woke so soon after being put down. So tonight she got both so we will see. She has both bottom teeth already so something must be brewing. she got both at the same time.
    I hope he isn't in too Much pain and u get some sleep. It's tough I know. All the best. He really needs u right now, u r all he has. That's what gets me through it.

Oh and I did do CIO with DS. It took only two nights but I regret it today. I. Just can't do it with her, but u have to do what u need to do so I cast no stones.
    born 8lbs 12oz 21 inches
    Left hospital after c/s 8lbs 6 oz
    1 week old- 8lbs 6 oz
    2 weeks old- 8lbs 11 oz
    1 month- 9lbs 11 oz
    2 months 8/2/11- 12lbs 5 oz
    3 months- 14lbs even
    4 months-16lbs even
    6 months- 18lbs 6oz
    8 months-21lbs on home scale
    9 months-22lbs and 13 ouz
    11 months- ?
    12th months June 2
    Can't believe I have made it 11 1/2 months of nursing!!

I think it took my son two or three weeks for his top central incisors to work their way through. However, he was learning to crawl and stand, and there were some unusual stresses in our lives at the time; so I'm not sure how much of the fussiness and excessive waking was due to those factors and how much was due to teething.

There's a lot of trial and error in finding something that will work for you. For me it was ibuprofen, keeping my baby as close as possible at night, expecting to wake up All. Night. Long. and just rolling with it, and taking naps as often as possible. There was some frustration and exhaustion, but we were able to make it work in the end. It sounds like you've got a good plan for tonight, and I'm sure you'll find something that works for you. Good luck tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joyofcooking View Post
    I meant to write earlier...but couldn't. i am in ur shoes to a tee!!! Dd is 7 months today and sleeping same way.... I am experimenting with advil and so far if she doesn't have it she wakes crying/complaining regardless if she sleeps with me or crib. I took it one step further and had Hubbie give bottle of breast milkk and so far advil with bottle has given her a linger stretch. Yesterday I gave no milk no advil and she woke up so many times and we co slept after she woke so soon after being put down. So tonight she got both so we will see. She has both bottom teeth already so something must be brewing. she got both at the same time.
    I hope he isn't in too Much pain and u get some sleep. It's tough I know. All the best. He really needs u right now, u r all he has. That's what gets me through it.

Oh and I did do CIO with DS. It took only two nights but I regret it today. I. Just can't do it with her, but u have to do what u need to do so I cast no stones.

Thanks for the post- somehow it helps to know that someone else out there is going through this with me! I am running out of hope that anything is going to help my little guy- Advil didn't seem to do anything... Tried chamomile and got about 3 hours out of him, then back to every 2 after that. Last night was back to the same- every 1.5 to 2 hours. He goes right back to sleep, but I am up for work today and feel totally out of it. I tried to get up and just hold him but not feed him and that definitely did not work!! Man, I am tired..... anyway, thanks to all for the support... Will continue sleepwalking for now...

Megan

I haven't read your entire thread, but the nightwakings sound pretty normal to me. I work full time too. The way I cope with the every 45 to 90 minute wakings is by cosleeping. Sometimes she even sleeps in a three hour stretch and I feel a lot better. I also go to bed fairly early. I have to get up at 5:15 am, so the latest I stay up is 9 pm. When she won't sleep longer than 20 minutes if I'm not there, I generally go to bed at 8 or 8:30 pm.

Check out the sleep commiseration thread. There are lots of folks where you are right now and some of us have been there in the past too.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Thanks for the post- somehow it helps to know that someone else out there is going through this with me! I am running out of hope that anything is going to help my little guy- Advil didn't seem to do anything... Tried chamomile and got about 3 hours out of him, then back to every 2 after that. Last night was back to the same- every 1.5 to 2 hours. He goes right back to sleep, but I am up for work today and feel totally out of it. I tried to get up and just hold him but not feed him and that definitely did not work!! Man, I am tired..... anyway, thanks to all for the support... Will continue sleepwalking for now...

Megan

Update advil doesn't seem to work no more or a pumped bottle. She woke a lot last night. One time I let her cry, not hysterical crying, but complaining crying for 10minutes and she fell asleep. I was shocked. yes I can't not hold her, she demands the breast by use of her entire body. Lol.
    born 8lbs 12oz 21 inches
    1 week old- 8lbs 6 oz
    2 weeks old- 8lbs 11 oz
    1 month- 9lbs 11 oz
    3 months- 14lbs even
    4 months-16lbs even
    6 months- 18lbs 6oz
    11 months- ?
    12th months June 2

Can't find the thread...can u provide a link.
    born 8lbs 12oz 21 inches
    1 week old- 8lbs 6 oz
    2 weeks old- 8lbs 11 oz
    1 month- 9lbs 11 oz
    3 months- 14lbs even
    4 months-16lbs even
    6 months- 18lbs 6oz
    11 months- ?
    12th months June 2

Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Thanks for everything, ladies- I will move over to the sleep thread and continue my rambling there!!!