Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: WARNING!! Do not buy Ella's food

Angry WARNING!! Do not buy Ella's food

Hi all,
    I wanted to give you a warning about Ella's organic baby food. My son was premature and therefore at high risk of having low iron levels. I specifically fed him some of the Ella's baby foods because they advertised meeting 45% of his iron requirements. I emailed and tried to find out if the food was fortified or where the iron was coming from. . . after 2 calls and several weeks later, I was told that it was a misprint! And the worst of it is, they have no intention of recalling or anything.
    So, I do not suggest using their products, as their nutritional information is NOT accurate. Does anyone know how to hold them accountable for this???

Default Re: WARNING!! Do not buy Ella's food

How old is your baby?

Wow that is awful! They really should have let everyone know about their misprint.. I will keep that in mind. Thanks!
    July 27 2011

He is 6.5 months. I have started an iron supplement Until he is taking adequate iron in solids.

The FDA regulates this. You can contact them here: http://www.foodsafety.gov/report/problem/index.html
    being a SAHM to DD born 12/09

Has his iron been tested? How do you know it's low?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    Has his iron been tested? How do you know it's low?

To be clear OP you aren't saying there is anything harmful in the food, just that the % of RDA for iron was lower...correct?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

My son's iron has not yet been tested but will be at our 9 month appt. Pedi said he is high risk for iron deficient anemia since he was preemie. I was hoping to avoid low iron by giving him iron rich foods without cereal or supplements. I was so excited to see a few of the Ellas products met 45% of the RDA of iron. But now I find out what I have been giving is only 2% of RDA of iron. jus disappointing to see a company make such a big labeling error and have no plan of notifying the public. So I want to make sure all are aware of how this company operates before choosing to use their products. I am sure I'm not the only mom who has purchased the products based on their falsely printed high iron content. DS will be fine... Just have to find other ways for iron.
    Last edited by @llli*lmc; December 31st, 2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added info

oh dear. Companies making baby food really should be more careful! Hopefully they do something responsible about their mis-print.