Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How often do/did you BF a 9-month old?

Default How often do/did you BF a 9-month old?

I'm just curious. My 9-month old has been dropping some of her feedings. I think we now BF 6-7 times a day, on demand. It's not all regularly spaced. Sometimes feedings are 2 hours apart or even less, and sometimes she can go 4 hours between feedings (during the day) or even longer at night.

Is this normal?

She's healthy, happy and chubby. She eats solids twice a day, but not a whole lot--sometimes she eats 1 oz, sometimes 2 oz. No water or juice.

Diaper output is within the normal range, although she has fewer wets than when she was 5 or 6 months and was eating 12 times a day (then she pooped and peed all the time).
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Default Re: How often do/did you BF a 9-month ol

Totally normal
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: How often do/did you BF a 9-month ol

thanks! I need to get used to her not nursing so often. It just seems she eats less now than a month or so ago. And I was afraid my supply was going to go down too fast, but so far it's been adapting slowly (I still use one breast per feed, and in the morning I'm very full).
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one