Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Teething/waking at night

Default Teething/waking at night

I have a little 5 month old girl who had her first two teeth show up Christmas eve. For the past 2 weeks or so she has been waking a bunch at night (every 3 hours or so) to eat. During the day she wants nothing to do with it...arches her back and refuses to bf. She will only bf for a few minutes and then she acts as though she is full and done. I am tired (I am a working mom too) and I want to know what I can do to get her to eat during the day and sleep at night. I always nurse her in the same place...the nursery, a quiet and dark room but it doesn't seem to make a difference. She has had a lot of ear infections so I wonder too if maybe she has another one but she hasn't really been any more fussy during the day like she usually is when she gets one. Just wish she would sleep through the night like she was (at least 5-6 hour stretches). Any advice?? Thanks!

Default Re: Teething/waking at night

Have you tried motion nursing during the day? I had to do that for a bit with DD2 until she got back into the habit again. GL!

Default Re: Teething/waking at night

What is motion feeding? Walking around while nursing? It seems she would be way too distracted for that...but maybe that's what she needs.