Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite binky reccomendations

Default Re: Favorite binky reccomendations

We had the Nuk Orthodontic and gumdrop type one from the hospital. She couldn't keep the gumdrop in her mouth and I didn't want the shape of the ortho one to be confusing but we had to use it in the hospital for 24 hours while she was in the Easy Bake Oven (the bili-lights) because she would throw her legs around, roll her head and disrupt her eye protection.
    Once home we tried the Playtex Binky Most Like Mother - but she would spit it out the second the latex touched her tongue.
    Now we have Avent Contemporary Freeflow pacifiers. The only I don't like is the handle thing one them is big - so big that Ruby winds her little fingers in it and rips out the passy, then cries until it's returned.
    I like the look of the MAM ones though, might have to hit the store on the way home
    Married 10/30/10 to DH Ryan
    DD Ruby 9/20/11

Currently and learning

I breastfeed because I couldn't produce enough formula.

Mine would only take the hospital soothie. So I bought the soothie at the store that was suppose to be like the hospital brand but it was much harder and he hated them. He only like the softer soothie that I ended having to get from the hospital.
    July 27 2011

MAM! My son really doesn't like a binky and only sucks on one when the wind blows just right but out of all the different kinds I tried, MAM is the only ones that stay in

Married to Josh 05/07/2005
    Grace 12/17/2006 FF
    Emma 01/22/2008 EP
    Frank 06/26/2011 EBF

"While breastfeeding may not seem like the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby" Amy Spangler

**** 8 beautiful months and going strong ****

When my son was 3 or 4 months old I read somewhere that breastfed babies will want a bigger nipple on the binky and that 6month MAMs were the ones I wanted. Sure enough, they worked MUCH better then the smaller ones

Married to Josh 05/07/2005
    Grace 12/17/2006 FF
    Emma 01/22/2008 EP
    Frank 06/26/2011 EBF

"While breastfeeding may not seem like the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby" Amy Spangler

**** 8 beautiful months and going strong ****

The mam ones were worthless for us. LO loves Natursutten Natural Rubber Orthodontic Pacifiers -- but won't suck on them -- he uses them for teething. Apparently they are awesome to chew on! Our best "alternate nipple" was a spare finger... that worked for a couple months. Now, he has no interest in sucking on fingers or pacis. Give him the strap from the baby carrier, or the carseat, though, and he'll go to town ...go figure!
    3/2011 {EBF to 6mos, now BF and BLS, CD, EC'ing since 5mos - in underwear at 11mos, and babywearing}
    Babywearing International has chapters - see if there's one near you... most have lending libraries!

After reading these post went and got some mams and he loves them. He'll actually hold them in his mouth. He was taking the nuk but as soon as I let ho he would push it out of his mouth. Love the mams!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Kate
    Wife to Jason
    Mom to Aubrey 4/06 queen
    Mom to Nathan 5/08 Relactated for him and he got EBM for a year
    Mom to Jack 8/11