Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: please tell me

Default please tell me

I thought that my sone was finally sleeping through the night. I had two weeks of bliss with at least 6 hour stints of sleep then over this past week he has been getting worse and worse with his sleeping. He is now waking every couple hours. I had felt at my limit and then he started to sleep through the night. I almost feel like it is worse now that I have actually had some sleep. Please tell me that he will evantually sleep through the night permanantly ( or at least when he isn't sick). I don't know how much of this lack of sleep I can handle. I found myslef having to wait in my room last night until I calmed down. I know he isn't doingg it on purpose, but it just gets so frustrating. I don't know how people would want to do this twice .
    Please excuse my typos, I am always NAK.

DS since 1/30/11

Default Re: please tell me

Well, everybody eventually sleeps, mama. I would suggest you check out the No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley.

Your baby is about a year old. It could very well be the one year molars.

And, FWIW, my daughter has slept through the night a total of maybe five times. She will be two in February. As the story goes, i didn't STTN til I was three!!!! And I was formula fed and given cereal in my bottle at 2 weeks AND given solids at 2 months - so you can't blame BF.

Honestly, it's normal and part of being a mom, IMHO.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

I hear ya. I got a tease of sleep a few months ago too, and it's been downhill since. I have no words of encouragement, unfortunately. They have to learn to sleep at some point, right??? And at that point, I'll probably be pregnant again... sigh. :-P
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex, born 2/27/11

Do you sleep through the night consistently? I don't and never have. I am always up at least once to pee. It just takes them a while to learn to resettle. But at that age a big sleep regression I would chalk up to teething patterns. I know it is hard but we are all here with you.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mek View Post
    And at that point, I'll probably be pregnant again... sigh. :-P
    I thought about that.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

I am not having another! I had a bad pregnancy and then this whole sleep thing. I don't remember ny of my younger siblings waking so often for so long. I didn't think that it would be so bad to not get sleep (and I thought that it would last a few months at most unless they were ill). I thought it was still pregnancy brain that was affecting my memorey, but it is lack of sleep.
    I have tried the pantley book. It doesn't really help. He seems to get into bad habits so much more often that good ones. I am feeling very overwhelmed with this lack of sleep. I guess I have to deal with it, but I wish something could be done. It is so exhausting and frustrating.

DS since 1/30/11

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    Do you sleep through the night consistently? I don't and never have. I am always up at least once to pee. It just takes them a while to learn to resettle. But at that age a big sleep regression I would chalk up to teething patterns. I know it is hard but we are all here with you.
    It probably is teething. He just got one in and another is coming soon. Thanks for the support. Sorry to vent about such a normal part of being a mom. I feel bad and dumb that I am complaining. Whenever I complain DH reminds me that I can't sleep all the way through the night (I used to wake up every hour or so when I was younger).

DS since 1/30/11

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*firsttime View Post
    It probably is teething. He just got one in and another is coming soon. Thanks for the support. Sorry to vent about such a normal part of being a mom. I feel bad and dumb that I am complaining. Whenever I complain DH reminds me that I can't sleep all the way through the night (I used to wake up every hour or so when I was younger).
    Oh gosh we all need to vent. We even have a thread specifically for it for the parents of kids who are consistently bad sleepers. Every kid is different and every kid will settle into a pattern eventually. But I don't think any kid sleeps while they are teething. Which means the only moms who do are totally unresponsive parents. My 3 yo still has major sleep issues and my 2 year old was doing great until the 2 year molars hit. But both are waaaaaaay better than I was. When my nights sleep was about 4 hours. . My poor mama
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I don't remember my younger siblings waking at night. At all. And yet they did. All the time. Older siblings just tend not to notice.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Is it bad that one of my main reasons for not wanting another is the lack of sleep? I love sleep. I do so miss it.

DS since 1/30/11