Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep forgetting which side! LOL

Default Keep forgetting which side! LOL

How do you remember which side to start feeding DC on each time? DS is 4 months and I just can't seem to remember from one feeding to the next these days!!!! He only eats one side each feeding and you'd think I'd be able to tell which side is ready for him (sometimes I can, because one is super full compared to the other) but most of the time I can't. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions you can suggest?

Default Re: Keep forgetting which side! LOL

I used to feel myself to see which side was fuller. If I had a boob that was smaller or had lower supply, I might feed more from that side to up the supply and make it bigger.

i use a thin plain ring and switch it from one hand to the other. sometimes i still forget to move it but mostly i do
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Or maybe a hair elastic that you switch between wrists?
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

with my mommy brain i never remember either. i still keep a log in a notebook noting the time of each feed and the side. LO is 9 months and i'm in my third or fourth notebook! it's become such an integral part of my routine that it doesn't feel like extra work. it's helpful to keep track of number and frequency of feedings too, along with diaper output. now that she eats solids i write those in too. but i should say i'm a little OCD, so maybe this is not for everyone...

at the very least, these notebooks make for a memento of our breastfeeding history...
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

I used to put a hair elastic on one wrist and then switch it. Or, I'd do the "ripe fruit check," squeezing my boobs to see which one was "riper." Sometimes embarrassing when you do it in public, forgetting that people don't see women squeezing their breasts every day.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Except for when I was block feeding, I just chose the side that felt like it needed the relief of nursing more. If I couldn't tell, then I chose whichever side was more convenient at the time.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

I used a hair elastic band then I moved to squeeze and feel test.

But when my daughter was really tiny I had one of these: http://www.milkbands.com/

I really liked it, but the little time things would break a lot. So I had extras. I got it when I ordered a nursing cover online (which I never really used - lol) and later I found them at Motherhood.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kmanih View Post
    with my mommy brain i never remember either. i still keep a log in a notebook noting the time of each feed and the side. LO is 9 months and i'm in my third or fourth notebook! it's become such an integral part of my routine that it doesn't feel like extra work. it's helpful to keep track of number and frequency of feedings too, along with diaper output. now that she eats solids i write those in too. but i should say i'm a little OCD, so maybe this is not for everyone...

at the very least, these notebooks make for a memento of our breastfeeding history...
    Glad to know I'm not the only one...lol! I had a notebook too for the first couple of months but then I got a notepad app on my phone. At the end of each month I email it myself to keep as memento also :-) I think I'm a lil OCD too...lol!
    Mercedes

1st time mommy to lil D 2/19/11

LOVE

I had a bracelet that I would switch at the end of the feeding to the next side. I block fed until about 5 months and that worked well for me!