Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I miss nursing

Default Re: I miss nursing

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*khall05 View Post
    I haven't been around here for a while because life got busy but my son just weaned and I had to come back because I feel the same way. Tonight I am totally mourning that my son weaned "early" because I am pregnant. We made it 20 weeks into the pregnancy and then I completely dried up. He lost interest and quickly forgot how when he was about 20months old. Tonight he tried to nurse and I totally lost it. I cried so hard and I keep thinking about it and am crying now. I know some of this is pregnancy hormones but I never thought I would have such a hard time having my child wean. Thank you very much for posting and I send ya hugs as you go through this too.

ETA: I suppose I should fix my signature below soon, since an end has come.
    to you too.

It's still hard. I've been reminded tonight; two-fold. 1) DD2 is having a hard time tonight. She'll only drift off to sleep if we're laying down with her and she's touching us. It seems touching has replaced nursing. It's 1:37am now and she's running around the living room. I know that if I could nurse her, she would and I KNOW she'd fall asleep. 2) My BFF's water broke!! The thought of a little tiny newborn makes me miss holding, snuggling and nursing DD2 all the more. I know I have another coming, but that doesn't mean it hurts any less that I feel like I've lost a part of DD2.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: I miss nursing

I hear you Mama. I am VERY sad about Max weaning. Totally hard.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it