Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Freaking out!

Default Freaking out!

I think I have an issue with excess lipase. Friday, I left the milk I'd pumped at work out overnight and didn't realize it until almost 11AM Saturday, so I had to toss it. I had about 6oz in the fridge from last Thursday this morning, plus a few bags I'd defrosted this morning for DH. DD is refusing to eat them! I won't be home until 5:30PM and it's 2:20 now. She's not even finished her 1st 4oz bottle. What should I do!?!?! I told DH to try mixing the milk into banana flavored cereal to see if she'll take that, and if not, to give her some baby food to tide her over until I get home. Will this be okay??
    Full time working mama to a precious
    Due date was 05/02/2011 - born 04/04/2011 at 36 weeks exactly.
    and 14 months and still going strong

Default Re: Freaking out!

I'm sure it all worked out.

Check the lipas thread for suggestions on how to make sure this doesn't happen again.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: Freaking out!

DH fed her a bit more from another bottle and got her to eat some solids, then she fed as usual from me when I got home and was actually in a pretty good mood, so I guess she wasn't starving. I only have the issues with the lipase when it is longer than 3-4 days. (Holiday weekends) I guess going forward I will have to pump on the day before I go back or scald the last yield from pumping at work before starting the time off. I was looking for reassurance that she'd be OK w/o eating barely anything for the entire day, but I guess I figured it out! Thanks!
    Full time working mama to a precious
    Due date was 05/02/2011 - born 04/04/2011 at 36 weeks exactly.
    and 14 months and still going strong