Re: OMG - What is going on w/ my supply?
Potential causes for what you're experiencing:
- Your period is about to return, and you're experiencing a typical premenstrual supply drop.
- You're pregnant...?
- That vacation you were on last week screwed with your output due to the change in your routine.
- Your baby is teething- and she is 6 months old, right? So she is almost sure to be teething whether or not you see teeth through her gums.
- You're experiencing a normal leveling-out of supply.
Best things you can do:
- Nurse, nurse, nurse.
- Pump, pump, pump. This may mean adding in some pumping sessions, something many long-time pumping moms have to do from time to time to boost supply and make up for shortfalls in output.
- Herbs: have a bowl of oatmeal, drink some fenugreek tea.
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"