Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breast random question

Default Breast random question

Do u ever get annoyed by child nursing. I mean, the past two days I have grimaced as she latched on. okay more Info needed. I hate my nipples touched in general. DH knows better...been this way forever. They are just so sensitive that I hate them touch. i never thought I would breastfeed but her I am 6 1/2 months later strictly nursing and so happy about it. I have started to feel like I don't want her to latch on but I, of course do and fight through it. is this normal. have u All ever feel this way from time to time. Please tell me this is normal. I don't want this to interfere.
    Last edited by @llli*joyofcooking; December 23rd, 2011 at 07:50 PM.
    born 8lbs 12oz 21 inches
    Left hospital after c/s 8lbs 6 oz
    1 week old- 8lbs 6 oz
    2 weeks old- 8lbs 11 oz
    1 month- 9lbs 11 oz
    2 months 8/2/11- 12lbs 5 oz
    3 months- 14lbs even
    4 months-16lbs even
    6 months- 18lbs 6oz
    8 months-21lbs on home scale
    9 months-22lbs and 13 ouz
    11 months- ?
    12th months June 2
    Can't believe I have made it 11 1/2 months of nursing!!

Default Re: Breast random question

Yes, it's normal to feel that way. Has your period restarted? Some mamas feel this way when they are ovulating or feeling PMS.

For some other mamas, past issues related to sexual abuse or assault can trigger these feelings. I don't know your history - nor do you have to disclose anything either way - but many women have experienced some form of past abuse, so it's an important thing to throw out there for anybody reading this dealing with such feelings.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

I only get this when I am about to start AF. Is that a possibility for you?
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

i do feel that way sometimes. i think it can be hormonal. usually i feel that way around ovulation time before AF is going to come, although it can be anytime.

eta: maybe distraction for you would be helpful until you get through this. maybe watching tv or listening to music (if baby allows it that is)
    Last edited by @llli*oakdryad5; December 23rd, 2011 at 08:26 PM.
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

I definitely felt that way, usually hormonally-related, but often it could be relieved by asking my baby to open his mouth wider so it was my areolas getting more of the stimulation rather than my nipples themselves. I have always cringed at nipple stimulation in general, but a deeper touch is fine.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Wow..thanks ladies former replies. They have made me feel so,much better about this being normal. maybe AF is returning. I love that she has been gone so long. I have been feeling a bit crampy thepast month and I swore I was getting it but never did.Interesting about the sexual-Abuse. would love to learn more as it has occurrd to be when I was young. It makes me extremely overprotected as to who stays with my kids, usually no one but me or Hubbie or mom/mil. I know I will need help,with that in the future. back to the nipple thing. Imsure hope it passes because I need to keep nursing for a few month especially since this enfamil has beein the news. It just reaffirms that I must nurse still. Thanks!
    born 8lbs 12oz 21 inches
    1 week old- 8lbs 6 oz
    2 weeks old- 8lbs 11 oz
    1 month- 9lbs 11 oz
    3 months- 14lbs even
    4 months-16lbs even
    6 months- 18lbs 6oz
    11 months- ?
    12th months June 2

You might be interested in a book called "When Survivors Give Birth" by Penny ask kin and Phyllis Klaus. It talks about the impact sexual abuse can have on women's experiences during birth and breastfeeding.

ETA: That annoyed feeling is totally normal!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thanks for the suggestion. I just read a few short articles on here by her. Very informative, but it looks like I dont fit much of the criteria which is great! I'll go check it out at the library when I take the kids. I do hope that i am feeling this way because my period is returning

BTW I know timelines vary but when shoudl AF come? Its been almost 7 months and of course DD nurses through the night. Last night she went to bed at 7pm woke to eat/sleep at 11:30, woke at 1:30, woke at 4:30 and then woke at 5am and didnt go back when I nursed her again and she stayed up until 6am and then went back to sleep. I had her sleep with me last night since she wakes frequently.
    born 8lbs 12oz 21 inches
    1 week old- 8lbs 6 oz
    2 weeks old- 8lbs 11 oz
    1 month- 9lbs 11 oz
    3 months- 14lbs even
    4 months-16lbs even
    6 months- 18lbs 6oz
    11 months- ?
    12th months June 2