Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can EP give me more freedom?

Default Re: Can EP give me more freedom?

i love to workout, love it. unfortunately its not something i can do as often now with my lo, and he is 9 months. those first few months are especially tough. it takes time but you will have more time to yourself and your baby will be grown up before you know it. it all goes by so fast.

5 hrs a day is definitely unhealthy unless you are training for something. even then you need proper precautions, rest and nutrition. i think it is essential that you see someone about the need to workout and feeling depressed and overwhelmed. infantrisk can be a big help with knowing what meds are compatible.

Mama, you have gotten some excellent advice from the PPs. EP is absolutely harder and more time-consuming than nursing, and will not free you up at all.

I just want to emphasize that we understand your feelings of frustration. We've all been there and done that with newborns, and after a month the lack of freedom really starts to wear on you. The excitement of having the baby is over, and the hard work of mothering the baby is in full swing. But it gets better, mama. It really does. Get yourself a jogging stroller and/or a sling, and take the baby for a stroll. And please, if your devotion to exercise has risen to the level where you can call it an addiction, please seek help with that! It is hard balancing our needs and wants with our babies' needs and wants, and if you have an addiction then you need help finding that balance.

thks ladies. I do think I am having bad post PND. but I had/have severe eating disorder and exercise issues before and during pregnancy too, so I guess this compounds it.

I really do need to see a doctor soon and will get to doing it soon. Just trying to find the courage to leave the house to see one.

I'm feeling really down but I do ensure that bb's basic needs are taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*emeline View Post
    thks ladies. I do think I am having bad post PND. but I had/have severe eating disorder and exercise issues before and during pregnancy too, so I guess this compounds it.

I really do need to see a doctor soon and will get to doing it soon. Just trying to find the courage to leave the house to see one.

I'm feeling really down but I do ensure that bb's basic needs are taken care of.
    Taking care of your baby's needs is definitely important, but you have to take care of yours too. Please make an appointment and commit to keeping it. It's like when you fly, and the flight attendants tell you if the oxygen masks drop, to put on your own first or you won't be able to help anyone else--you need to get your mask on so you can be there for your baby.

mama, taking the first step is always the hardest part. Please do try to go see someone who can give you professional help for your exercise and eating issues. Caring for a baby takes a lot of energy and you want to be in your best shape. Plus BFing requires a lot of nutrients from your body, so to keep your supply you need to eat well. (Also, as an aside... BFing BURNS so many calories, too.)

As for exercise, I understand that you miss it. Exercise gives your body all those good endorphins. You might not be able to get the same level now, so it's important that you find the right anti-depressant to keep BFing and to keep you from feeling so depressed. You can still find ways to work exercise into your new life with baby. In addition to the jogging stroller, you can also do yoga or pilates at home near your baby. You can put your newborn on a playmat if she's awake and exercise near her. This way, if she is hungry, you're right there. When she's a little older there are all sorts of Mommy-and-Me classes you can take... yoga, swimming, dance...
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Pick up the phone and call your doctor or midwife. Right now. They can help you find the help you need.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    Pick up the phone and call your doctor or midwife. Right now. They can help you find the help you need.
    If you are terrified of leaving with your baby, tell your DH that you NEED to do this ASAP. I bet if you tell your Dr. you suspect PPD, they'll squeeze you in same day. You won't feel better until you do something about it. Not wanting to go, that is the depression talking. Don't let the depression win. You and your baby deserve a healthy happy mama.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

I told my hubby. He's being more hands-on now. I called my nurse and told them I have PND and they scheduled me a consult for next week.
    Thank you all ladies. I'm still feeling very anxious and panicky. Especially around the baby and when she's awake. So hubby takes over fr me much more now.
    Hanging in there. =)

i cry whenever i feed her. I feel so overwhelmed that she is totally dpd on me. its so scary, knowing that if i was not there she will be hungry, have no food and screaming. the knowledge of this responsibility is so scary.

Did you feel overwhelmed like this while pregnant?

Way too lazy for formula