Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can EP give me more freedom?

Default Re: Can EP give me more freedom?

it IS very scary having a little human dependent on you, when all you've ever been responsible for is yourself (and even that seems overwhelming sometimes!).Just take it one feed at a time, and one day at a time until you see your doctor. I'm glad you called. Hang in there. PPD is really hard.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jbean1979 View Post
    it IS very scary having a little human dependent on you, when all you've ever been responsible for is yourself (and even that seems overwhelming sometimes!).Just take it one feed at a time, and one day at a time until you see your doctor. I'm glad you called. Hang in there. PPD is really hard.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Mama, the responsibility is very tough. But it's going to make you a stronger person in the long run, and a better mama.

I'm glad you called your doctor. Does your doctor know about the eating disorder and exercise addiction? I agree EP is tons more work than nursing, you can't pump just sitting with a friend with your baby on your lap, you're tied to a clock and pump getting in all of your sessions, it's just a ton of work no matter how you look at it.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Did you feel overwhelmed like this while pregnant?
    yes I did, but not as much as now. I exercised during pregnancy to relieve my feelings of anxiety and stress.

my mum has come over to help me now. Baby will sleep with her at night while she wakes me up to breastfeed her when she's hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    I'm glad you called your doctor. Does your doctor know about the eating disorder and exercise addiction? I agree EP is tons more work than nursing, you can't pump just sitting with a friend with your baby on your lap, you're tied to a clock and pump getting in all of your sessions, it's just a ton of work no matter how you look at it.
    Yes he knows of it. But he thought that I was doing well during pregnancy as I sugar coated everything. I didn't want to go back on prozac for bb's sake so I didn't tell him of the excessive exercise that I was doing while pregnant. I think I better tell him when I see him.
    n thank you for advising me out of EP. i am beginning to see how much more difficult it is.

I haven't seen my doctor yet,appt is next week, but can I ask you ladies if its feasible to both pump and nurse? Maybe its the PPD and ED talking, but I really cant be with my child the whole day long. I need to exercise to purge off my binge eating and elevate my mood, but I want to be a good mother too.
    Can I pump milk for her for the day, while I nurse at night? My mom will be able to take care of her during the day. BB is almost 6 weeks old. I know everyone tells me to wait till my milk supply has established but is 6 wks of exclusive breastfeeding enough to establish my milk supply?

I responded in your other thread as well but....

the short answer is yes, you can pump and nurse. However if you talk to mama's who do that (usually because they are working or have latch issues, etc) they will tell you that it is MORE work and takes MORE time.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

I also responded on your other thread.

I think you need medication and counseling fr the PPD. Don't be ashamed. Many of us have had to do that. Having a baby is like an earthquake ran through your life. You aren't sleeping the same, you aren't eating the same, your life is unrecognizable. There are hormonal shifts. It can take the most prepared mother to be and turn her into a quivering bowl of tears when reality hits. And that is why there is help out there.

The ED is a problem to boot, and many of us here have struggled with food, with body issues and even perhaps exercise addiction.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Yeah, many of us have struggled with an ED. I had one take way too much of my life and did go to a PhD psychologist for counseling/therapy and that helped (it helps as long as you're willing to cooperate and be honest, if you lie about how you're doing or downplay it, it's not very useful).

I don't want to tell you yes pump so you can run off whatever you binged, I just really think you need to address all of that and be honest with your doctor. And I mean that in a very nice, I've been there, kind of way, but I just know how miserable it is to be in the middle of that to try to help you get a strategy to continue on with the ED and also breastfeed and try to fit an ED into a life. I really do hope you can keep working at beating the ED and find health and peace in this area.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.