Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Where to buy nursing bras?

Default Where to buy nursing bras?

I have purchased two nursing bras with no luck whatsoever!!!! I tried them on in store and thought they fit, then after wearing for an hour, they were just too small!!!!! I'm guessing by the way they fit, I'm a 36G. Is there somewhere online I could try to buy in this size? Everywhere I look has up to DD or E but usually in a 40 so it wouldn't work anyway. I'm tired of having quadra-boobs or wearing sports bras that make me sag!!!!!

Default Re: Where to buy nursing bras?

I had the same problem trying to find a good nursing bra that supported my girls. I actually ordered my bras through a major department store's website (I'm not sure if I am allowed to list their name here). I got free shipping and ordered every every bra that I liked in both DD and DDD/E depending on the sizing chart. I was able to get band sizes in 34-38''. The ones that didn't work got returned to the store so I didn't have to pay for shipping. Once I found a bra I liked, I ordered a couple more to get me by.
    ~DD born 6/7/11
    Successfully and while at work for 1 year. Now we are still till who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*morgan11 View Post
    I actually ordered my bras through a major department store's website (I'm not sure if I am allowed to list their name here).
    Go ahead and tell who it is! It sounds like you were treated very well as a customer. Bra shopping is so stressful, even without throwing in lactation, that any company that operates the way you described should be sent as much business as possible. Just my 2 cents.
    -Hannah

SAHM-WAHM to lovely Lizzie, born at home 9/14/2010

http://www.lindasonline.com/nursing-bras.html has a ton of nursing bras in high cup size, low ribcage measurement (I had that issue too). It's hard not being able to try them on, so read each description carefully.

Don't toss those too-small bras, though. Your cup size generally decreases as your breasts get more used to nursing, and they may fit before you know it!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

http://www.barenecessities.com also has a pretty wide selection of sizes. Anita nursing bras always seem to work the best for me.

I used JCPenney and liked the Medela underwire bras the best.
    ~DD born 6/7/11
    Successfully and while at work for 1 year. Now we are still till who knows...

I am LOVING Elomi's. I bought mine from http://www.barenecessities.com/featu...name=Maternity

I wear a 40I. These so far are the best ones I have ever bought. I have had Goddess nursing bras and they broke down (would not hold anything up) in only a few months and were just as expensive. I've been wearing the same Elomi's I bought over a year ago now and they are holding up awesomely. Even better then my regular 150 dollar prima donna's that I wore before nursing!

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

You can also try Birth and Baby (http://birthandbaby.com/). They have a great return and exchange policy and very fast, low-rate shipping, as they know that it takes a few trials to find the best fit. They will work with you via email or phone to help you measure yourself and find the best bra (I even emailed them photos of my breasts when I was having a hard time finding a bra). The website has informative reviews of each bra, and they have a ton of models.

Sometimes, it's not only about finding the right size, but also finding the right model/brand. They are all cut and built very differently. What I liked at Birth and Baby is that they were able to make suggestions based on my specific issues and on how the first batch they sent me fit.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

I have had no luck with bras at all. I get plugged with the underwire or they look funny or are uncomfortable. I got some spaghetti strap shirts with a little support and have gone braless this time...