Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess I'll start this here party... :P

Default Re: Guess I'll start this here party... :P

Hi! I have a 1 yr old and we are still nursing. He is my first child and I plan on letting him wean. How do I address those questions, like, "How long are you going to bf for?" or "You're still nursing?" Any ideas? I usually like to fill people in on some of the benefits of toddler nursing. What do you think?

Hi! I have a 16 month old son who is still nursing 5-8 times a day and am 13 weeks pregnant with #2. No supply issues yet, keeping my fingers crossed. I plan on tandem nursing with the new babe and letting both of them wean themselves. I went into preterm labor at 30 weeks with DS but I have a wonderful homebirth midwife who is very supportive of me nursing through this pregnancy. As she says, "all pregnancies are normal until proven otherwise". My DH is in the Navy and we live in WA.

Whenever someone asks when DS will wean I just say "Whenever he's ready - why do you ask?" The question came up again (from family) when I announced my pregnancy but I simply informed them that's why I have 2 boobs.

Hi! I have a 16 month old who is (everybody sitting down for this) night weaning! She is finally sleeping through the night. I can't believe it. It's all on her own. I'm tickled yet sadden.

mmitchell, you could tell them that the WHO recommends a minimum of 2 years. Of course they might start on you again next year, when you'll have to stress the 'minimum' part.

Or something along the lines of "my milk doesn't have an expiration date!" or "Wean? What would I give him? Cow's milk? Did he turn into a baby cow on his birthday?" if you want to be humorous about it.

Fortunately I haven't had family or anyone else really ask me how much longer I'll be nursing (DS is 14 months old), but in the event someone does, I act like it's the most normal thing in the world for him to nurse as long as he wants (because it is!). I also add that it is the most nutritious food he'll ever get his whole life, and I won't deny him as long as I'm making milk! (Which of course I will continue to do as long as he's nursing!)

Thanks for the advice! I have used the WHO and the AAP for an explanation.

HI all, I am Amanda and I am nursing Colton who is 25 months old. My older son self weaned at 19 months when I was pregnant so every day I am nursing the oldest kid I've ever nursed. Aside from the twiddling factor- I wouldn't change anything about EN.

Hi! I'm nursing my 14 mth old DD and we plan to do the child led weaning here.

Smile Re: Guess I'll start this here party... :P

Hi ladies!

I'm Heather, a mostly stay at home Mom... I teach elementary music one day per week at a small elementary school.

I'm still nursing Corinne at almost 14 months, but it's down to twice per day, before her nap and before bed. On the rare occassion that she wakes up in the middle of the night, I need to nurse her back to sleep, but most days we just nurse twice.

We had a really rough start, so I'm happy to say we've made it this long!

Nice to meet you all!
    Heather

Hi there! I'm Stacy, nursing my 25 month-old, and 18.5 weeks pregnant with number 4.