Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess I'll start this here party... :P

Default Guess I'll start this here party... :P

I'm Chris, single (divorcing) momma to 12y7m old S and my nursling, T, who will be three in 10 days!

He still nurses like a newborn some days, then barely at all on others. There are times when it is rather painful (usually because he is trying to look at something that would require my breast to stretch like silly putty), but most of the time there is almost no feeling at all.

I was surprised to have a let down the other day - it felt great!

So, that is us in a nutshell.... next?

Default Re: Guess I'll start this here party... :P

Hi Chris!

My name is Kelly. I am 31, married with two boys...Ian who is 10 and Kade who is 2 and still nursing. He is pretty consistent with his nursing habits (about 3 times a day). The one I wish he would drop is the nighttime one. I don't think I have had a full nights sleep in over 2 years . I do work full time so I guess he is just making up for the time he is missing during the day. The nursing relationship seems to be working for us so far and I am glad to find this forum and hear from other people that are still breastfeeding toddlers since I don't hear about it as much outside of LLL. Looking forward to hearing all about you!

Kelly

Hello!

I'm Liz, mom to Will who is 14 months old and nursing like a champ. We live in Michigan with DH and a couple of cats, one parrot and a 50 gallon African cichlid aquarium. I'm a former RN now turned SAHM. I regularly attend LLL meetings in Saginaw and have to say, we have a really nice group here! I'm really very happy that LLL has a message board and I hope it's a busy one!

I will join!!
    I'm nursing my 12 month old who turned 1 on 1/1/06. She nurses all the time and is pretty vocal about what she wants.

Talking Howdy!

I'm Amanda & I hve a 15 mth boy, Luke, who is still nursing. We'll be doing child led weaning this time around, so I'll be here for a while - haha

Thumbs up Re: Guess I'll start this here party... :P

Sounds lovely, ladies. I breastfed both my children (now 19 and 16) for an extended period. I always think of the last advantage in the A-Z breastfeeding list: "zero regrets". It is the finest thing I've done in my life.

Former extended nurser here. My daughter nursed until she was close to 6 years old. She is now 9.

I'm also a working mom. Worked as a firefighter when both of my children were born. Went back to work for 24 hour shifts and pumped round the clock every 3-4 hours for the most part.

Hi, everyone! I nursed my first child for three years and am now nursing my second baby. What an amazing thing to get to do!

Hi everyone! I'm nursing my big gonna-be-one-in-two-weeks Beatrice! We are aiming for CLW here. I'm in NEPA, too. I think I almost met you at the conference, Chris.

So nice to see you all! I am also a former extended nurser with a new nursling, if that makes sense, lol. I have 4 and 6 year old boys, plus a 6-week old newbie .

I had vastly different weaning experiences, both child-led and both just about as different as they could be, but I guess that is for another forum!