Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Guess I'll start this here party... :P

Default Re: Guess I'll start this here party... :P

Hi everyone! I love the new format and threads! I am not yet extended BF but getting close and so nice to hear we are not abnormal with feeding at night and all. The great news is that my 11 mo old has decided mom is best and goes the whole day I am at work not wanting a bottle (hence the night feeding). I had planned to drop the pump at 12 months but what a treat to do so now.

Hi, I'm another Chris. My extended nurser is 3 1/2 years old with no signs of comletely weaning anytime soon. I'm also tandem nursing our daughter, who is almost 8 months.

Smile Re: Guess I'll start this here party... :P

Hello!
    I read everyone's posts. What a great group of mothers you are! You should pat yourselves on the back and know you are doing the very best for your family (and to not give in to criticisms). I am so proud of all of you!

Hi all, I am Nancy and I have been nursing for almost 5 years. My oldest weaned at about 46 months when I was pregnant with #3. My middle is almost 3 and still going (mostly at night) and my newest is almost 6 months!!!

I am so excited to find a board of other women like me!!!

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Hello everyone,
    so nice to meet you all
    Thought I'd come and join you all. I am currently nursing my 3.8 year old and 13 months old and neither one is showing any signs of slowing down any time soon, which is fine by me.
    My standard answer to the usual "when are you going to stop then" question, is a sweet smile and "when they choose to!" And if I don't like the person asking I usually add "when will you stop asking me?"

Hi all.

My DD nursed until she was 4-5 (depending on how you count it, lol) and DS is "still" nursing at 4.25.

Happy to be here

well i am happy to have found a site that offers this, and of course it would be LLL! i just love LLL.....anyways, i am at the 6.5 month milestone of breastfeeding and i cannot wait to reach a year! you'll probably be seeing me here for support and a little "heads up" as to what i have in store this summer )
    ~~ Valarie ~~
    wife to matt
    mommy to
    ricky 2.9.03, christian 6.28.05, baby olive due JAN 2008

Lovely to find other extended nursers out there! I seem to be one of the rare few in my area.

Khai's my 'boob addict' and he just turned four in Novemeber. He nurses min once a day... he has lasted through two pregnancies (including the no-milk periods) and is still going strong. He tells people that "my mummy's milk is my favourite".

I'm nursing Khen too... he arrived in June last year.

One of the things that keeps me going is seeing how much Khai seems to *need* not just want the milk. People look at me v. strangely when I say that but I'm sure some of you here would understand.

Hi Again,

I have a question. It seems like there are a lot of you here have had children who have weaned. What are the signs? I feel like my 13 mo. old is nursing less and not as long. He still nurses to go to sleep though. And he still wakes a few times a night. The bink never soothes him back to sleep, it has to be momma's milk. Any have any thoughts?

Melissa

LLLJacqui is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I'm Jacqui and I bf my DD until she was 40 months old (over 3 years) and now I'm PG with number 2 and plan on nursing just as long (or however long this baby wants to nurse).

It's just great to see so many extended bf-ing moms!

Jacqui