Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oversupply or Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy

Default Re: Oversupply or Cow’s Milk Protein All

Hmm...I wasn't thinking that I was really gone for 11 hours, that is a lot. I think he was also going through a growth spurt during the 18 oz day since the day before he was nursing every hour to hour and a half. That is so exhausting!

I do feel my letdown happen but he seems comfortable with it now (when he was younger he'd come off, cough and I'd spray him) but maybe I can let him off when it happens to see if that improves things.

And yep, in TN! It's a beautiful state although I'm closer to Knoxville on the other side of the state.

Dairy seems to be in everything! But if it helps my DS then it's worth it.

Maybe post a question in the allergy forum. It may or may not be the dairy.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bcav View Post
    (although I just ate a brownie - does that count as dairy?)
    Unless it was made with dairy-free oil or margarine and dairy-free chocolate, then yes, it almost certainly counts. If you're going to go the dairy elimination route you have to start reading labels pretty religiously. Dairy is in EVERYTHING. Whey or powdered milk in bread. Butter flavoring in margarine. Sour cream flavor powder on chips. Even deli meat can have dairy in it.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I would say it's either dairy or reflux. Considering how long you are away it really doesn't sound like OS. I had OS and would pump close to 10 oz directly after feeding.
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

I had OALD and OS with DD. But I pumped just the perfect amount for her (she took 1oz/hr I was gone). I was double pumping with a PISA 3 times in a 9 hr a day and getting 9-12oz depending on the day. And 3 hr block feeding when we were together. I do not respond to the pump at all. DD was really fussy at one point and right as I was going to try and go DF little white patches turned up on DD's mouth. Thrush, OS and OALD was a pretty hairy combo. But easier to deal with than going DF. Try backing off pumping (pump until you have the "right amount" not until you are down to drops.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I'm sorry you are having such a tough time. I know keeping your diet so restricting can be hard (as my DS too has a milk protein allergy). I just want to tell you that you are doing such an awesome job, working, dieting, pumping, and breastfeeding to make sure your baby has the best. Kudos mama! Keep up the good work.
    BF'ing + pumping (working full time as BFPC) CD'ing , baby wearing , mother of an intact son , co-sleeping , and tandem nursing toddler... Plus I wear deodorant.