Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Something to make you smile

Default Something to make you smile

So I have been EBF DD2 for 3 and a half months now. She has never had a bottle DD1 will be 3 in a month and today as she was playing with her dolls she said, "Oh no she's really hungry! She needs some milk!" She then lifted up her shirt and put her doll to her chest. It made me smile

Default Re: Something to make you smile

It's so sweet when they do that! My toddler- who is still an enthusiastic nurser- puts her baby dolls under her shirt and goes "num-num-num".
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

When I had DD2, I had told DD1 I didn't have any more milk left, before DD2 was born. So then when DD2 was born, DD1 said, well since you don't have any milk left I guess I will have to use my boobies, and lifted up her shirt. She was all of 4 years old. So you can imagine the laugh I had! lol

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

Hahahah how cute!

Love it.

My 2 year old niece is so enthralled when I nurse W. She now knows what boobies are. When my sister gets her up she will put her hand on her and say "BOOBIES" all excited.

The last family gathering when I got done nursing I took off my nursing cover and hung it on the back of the chair. The next thing we knew she was wearing it with her baby wrapped in it. I asked her what she was doing and she said "baby eat"

Puts a big smile on my face.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

I just love reading these kind of posts, My 7yo *still* feeds her dolls that way
    Im Jenn
    Mamma To:
    Kelsey BF 3 months
    Kenneth BF 3 months
    Blaze BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Bristol BF 3.5 years (tandem)
    Raiden BF 15months & counting

We
    NIP BLS

In need of some

LACTIVIST

Love it! I get so irritated when I see the dolls with the little bottles that kids are supposed to feed it. Not that bottles are necessarily evil, but societal training starts really early and we may as well show our kids how babies are supposed to be fed.

And Christmas shopping this morning I saw a baby doll with a bottle and a crib. I guess breastfeeding, co-sleeping dolls wouldn't need the extra toys, so manufacturers wouldn't make as much money. And can you imagine the pictures on the packaging?
    -Hannah

SAHM-WAHM to lovely Lizzie, born at home 9/14/2010

That's so sweet. My daughter has started trying to nurse her stuffed camel.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

The other day at the pediatrician's office, DD2 was fussing a bit while I was signing in. My three year old announced VERY LOUDLY to the receptionist, "We need to nurse (my youngest DD's name) right now!" LOL! Couldn't have been prouder! I want her to know this is completely natural and the best thing she can do for her children one day. It's up to us to set the example! And your stories totally made me smile!