Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He almost bit my nipple off!

Default Re: He almost bit my nipple off!

I've always taken the position that hurting mom = no boob, and frankly, I don't care whether unlatching wakes my baby up, that is a lesson baby needs to learn so that our wonderful breastfeeding relationship can continue!!!

Maybe this is mean. But I can't imagine having my baby's teeth sunk into my flesh, and being worried about waking them up. Primary concern: Get boob away from sharp objects.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Default Re: He almost bit my nipple off!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    I've always taken the position that hurting mom = no boob, and frankly, I don't care whether unlatching wakes my baby up, that is a lesson baby needs to learn so that our wonderful breastfeeding relationship can continue!!!

Maybe this is mean. But I can't imagine having my baby's teeth sunk into my flesh, and being worried about waking them up. Primary concern: Get boob away from sharp objects.
    YES! I totally agree....But if you scream, like i did (I couldn't help it...reaction) sometimes the get startled and bite down HARDER...he was shaking he was biting it so hard! It took him about 10 seconds to really wake up let go. I thought for sure my nipple was gone....haha ahhhh
    Adoptive and Bio Mommy to Two Breastfeeding Boys!

http://iamnotthebabysitter.com/