Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Quick Reply Please--Ketones in urine

Default Quick Reply Please--Ketones in urine

I have Ketones in my urine, I am not diabetic, but I have been dieting, I really didn't think it was extreme, I just cut out sweets and started eatting VERY healthfully, but I guess I managed to throw my body in ketosis. My husband thought I might be in it a few days ago, but then thought maybe it was just garlic residual. My baby is 7 months old, do I need to call the ped, I am afraid they will say to stop breastfeeding her, so I wanted to ask folks here first if this a big deal, I carbloaded this moring by having 2 slices of toast and I will be eatting a lot of carbs today (I was not low carbing on purpose, I don't like those diets), and drinking lots of water.

Thanks!!

Default Re: Quick Reply Please--Ketones in urine

I think it would be good to call your doctor and see what s/he advises so you're both ok. I hope everything's back to normal soon.

Thank u. Called nurse she said it was fine.

Not a big deal when breastfeeding.

Just be cautious when dieting, since going too fast with a diet can impact milk supply got some moms.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Thank you. Just seems like I have read ketones are bad for babies--so I was freaking out. I honestly wasn't trying to do anything extreme, I was just trying to stick to healthy foods like beans, veggies, fruits, raw nuts and seeds, but I guess I somehow inadvertently put myself into ketosis. Thank you all so much! I am so grateful for the support here.

It's thought- but not known- that ketones may be bad for the fetus during pregnancy. I don't think they're a big deal for a baby who has been born.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"