Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weaning from Pump but not baby

Default Re: Weaning from Pump but not baby

I am actually worried about this too!! I am struggling to produce 8oz in a full day of pumping, 3-4 sessions. Luckily my mother is making it stretch but I worry what will happen when I get closer to one year. Baby is about 7.5 months right now... Wish I had an asston of milk sometimes!! I get 3.5 weeks off after this week and I am hoping it will do good things for my supply, is that wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mskalinin View Post
    I am actually worried about this too!! I am struggling to produce 8oz in a full day of pumping, 3-4 sessions. Luckily my mother is making it stretch but I worry what will happen when I get closer to one year. Baby is about 7.5 months right now... Wish I had an asston of milk sometimes!! I get 3.5 weeks off after this week and I am hoping it will do good things for my supply, is that wishful thinking?
    Not wishful thinking at all! A lot of women don't respond that well to the pump, and being home with baby is WAY better for building up supply than pumping, because baby is so much better at milk removal. You can do this! You're almost there!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Yeah. But I think you should nurse on demand AND still try to pump once a day while away from work. Build you a little freeze stash while on break!

Way too lazy for formula

I don't know when to pump that extra time while at home. I have tried doing it at night before I go to bed but I have nothing at that time, I usually get about an ounce. I always have intentions of doing it in the morning but never find the time >.< Hopefully this time off will help tho. I keep thinking about getting a different pump (I have a PISA right now) to see if I respond better, but I just don't want to put that money out. I have tried changing all my parts with the medela with no improvement. Boo. Thanks for giving me hope, though!!