Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biting and stretching breasts!

Default Re: Biting and stretching breasts!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*pinkpumps9876 View Post
    Thanks. I've tred a necklace too. Nothing's changed. It's over two weeks now. I'm not really enjoying feeding her at the moment
    Ugh. Joe didn't exactly take a hint, either. I ended up screaming when he bit me, putting him down, and storming out of the room while he cried. I was just SO FRUSTRATED. It was only when I was really melodramatic that he finally caught on. It definitely wasn't the zen earth-mother thing to do, but it worked.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I might have to try that! I'm lucky she's not clamping down as hard now, it's more that she grates her teeth along my boob really hard. I've had a break from it for a few night feeds as she's been so sleepy, so I'll see what tonight brings. It can't last much longer?! I don't want to stop feeding just yet, although I had thought of stopping at age 1 which is in a week!

I might have to try that! I'm lucky she's not clamping down as hard now, it's more that she grates her teeth along my boob really hard. I've had a break from it for a few night feeds as she's been so sleepy, so I'll see what tonight brings. It can't last much longer?! I don't want to stop feeding just yet, although I had thought of stopping at age 1 which is in a week!
    If you're consistent about removing the breast, it shouldn't last very long before they figure it out! But some babies are more stubborn than others (I know, believe me, I know ). I hope you can sort it out soon. I look back on that awful week of biting, and I'm glad that I didn't give up on breastfeeding just because it was unpleasant for a short while. I hope you'll do the same. (Joe got all his teeth really young, so his biting phase was much earlier - he was only six months old or so.)

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

The phase seems to have finished! Hurrah! 3 weeks! though, crikey!
    Although the biting has been replaced by another problem, lol. I've mentioned it at the end of this thread, if anyone wants to help, lol:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...r-Advice/page2

Thank you all so much for your support! I'm so grateful.
    I'm definitely going to try to contribute more to these forums in way of thanks for this support

My guys stretched my nipples too! The only thing that works for me is to unlatch him every time he pulls backwards. It's exhausting, but if you stick with it it should help. She will learn that pulling back makes her come off the boob. Hope it works for you. Good luck.

The phase seems to have finished! Hurrah! 3 weeks! though, crikey!
    CRIKEY indeed! Way to soldier through it, mama! Good job! That is not easy, and we were pulling for you (and your baby - good work baby!).

You can call me JoMo!