Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone w/ 25 month old who nurses LOTS?

Default Anyone w/ 25 month old who nurses LOTS?

My little girl, now 25 months, STILL asks to nurse MANY times during the day (at night too, from 3:00 am on...). Is this normal? I thought she'd only want to a couple times a day. Anyone out there with a child this age and/or older that has a similar experience?

So glad I'm home with her and be with her and nap when I need to!
    Happily married to husband since March 1995; mother to first child (daughter) born October 2009

Default Re: Anyone w/ 25 month old who nurses LO

Mine nursed like that. She didn't cut back until around 3 1/2 when I finally insisted because I couldn't stand it anymore. Up until that point, she was content to sit and nurse all day long for hours at a time.

I have a 32 month old who askes to nurse frequently thru the day and overnight. I figure she asks casue she needs it, be it nutrition or security or comfort...whatever it is, and as long as she needs it she will get it! (I say that now, lets see when she is 5...lol)

you are SOOOO not alone
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

Ds is 23.5 months and he nurses what feels like all.the.time! Last night from 4 am on. I notice, though, that he nurses more often when he's not feeling well, or on the weekends when we are home all day.
    First baby Thanos Liam born on 12/20/2009... we are and since birth and still going strong!!

when my ds was that age he was nursing about 10 times in 24 hours.

If you want to set limits don't feel bad mama Setting limits often makes nursing more enjoyable for mama. Some mothers try to cut out nursing sessions, while others try to get long sessions into shorter ones. That's what we did - we shortened some of the really lengthly sessions during the day. Letting them know that you will nurse for a certain number of rounds of their favourite song is a good way to try to get them to understand a time limit. Our song was twinkle twinkle. When I was feeling done I would say "okay we are almost finished nursing, after I sing twinkle twinkle we are going to go play with your blocks"...
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

My son is 32 months and still nurses often. More so when we are home. They will wean eventually, even though it feels like that will never happen! I remind myself how much I'll miss it.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

I have a 26 month old and he still nurses a lot. I'm actually separated from him for a few weeks (I'm in the military) and when I went home for Thanksgiving after being apart for 2.5 weeks he nursed even more than usual. Pretty much constantly! Before I left he was still nursing a lot, but I had managed to get him down to fewer sessions. I thought maybe he would wean while I'm gone, but apparently not!
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

My Mollie is right over 25 mo and nurses 8-10 times a day - mostly thru the night. It's getting a little irritating, especially at night when I want to sleep on my right side and she's on my left and wants to nurse. Like "momtodom", I try to remind myself how once it's gone, it's gone.
    Lori -
    wife to Davis, my best friend and strongest supporter
    43 yo mom to 3

Lee Allen Christopher - 18 - precious preemie , all grown up; BF 6 wks
    Connor Ethan - 13 - my red head , ALL boy, ALL the time; BF 14 mo
    Mollie Rhiannon - 4 - my surprise , more fun than I ever expected; BFing, no end in sight!!

You are not alone. I have a 25 month old who would be content to nurse 24/7. Its annoying : ) But I keep telling myself he is going to wean eventually and I will miss him wanting to snuggle with me all the time... SIGH.. lol
    Kristin

Momma to Benjamin, we recently made it nursing to age 2!!!!

Benjamin born 9-17-09

I'm dealing with this right now. DD is 25 mo. She nursed through my pregnancy with my now DS 2 mo. Just before he was born she nursed only 3-4 times per day. Now, she wakes every hour at night screaming for it and nurses 2-3 during the day. I want to scream myself, and sometimes I do. She often nurses more than DS. I feel like I've tried everything to have her cut back, but no improvement. She refuses to eat if I limit nursings, which makes life harder. I am so tired, my house is disgusting, and I hardly have time to get us fed. I know eventually she will change, but I need a change NOW! arg!
    Wife to my HS sweetie.
    Mother to Daisy, born 11/07/2009
    and Dennis, born 10/03/2011

Tandem Nursing