Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pedriatrician in Rancho Cucamonga, pls

Default Pedriatrician in Rancho Cucamonga, pls

Hi.
    I moved to Rancho Cucamonga, CA. I am having a difficult time finding a "breastfeed friendly" pediatrician for my daughter.[I] [My previous doctor would always start the appointment asking about her feedings and he would always be helpful if I asked him breastfeeding questions.Here, all they say is "give her food" (she is 3 months old only) or "give her formula".]/I] I have been to 3 different doctors in 2 months already and they are NOT about breastfeeding. If anyone knows of a doctor that cares about breastfeeding, or at least respects that this is the way my daughter is feeding, can you give me a referral? I am very anxious about these doctors. Rancho Cucamonga zip code is 91730. It is in "Inland Empire", near Glendora and Upland. Any help will be deeply appreciated.
    Luciana, mom to Bianca, born 08/15/2011 - BF until 2 and a half yrs old

Default Re: Pedriatrician in Rancho Cucamonga, p

Where did you move from? If it's in socal can your prior pedi give you a referral?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

You might try going to a local La Leche League meeting and asking for recommendations there.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

I lived in Claremont until just before my DD was born... the woman who taught my Birthing From Within classes knew of two amazing peds in the Claremont area (shouldn't be more than a 15 min drive for you). I'll try and get a hold of her and get those names for you. our classes were held at a great baby shop called No Sugar Added in downtown Claremont (next to the Claremont Colleges). you could try stopping in and asking for recommendations (all the ladies there have little ones and it's a very pro-breastfeeding, attachment parenting community there).
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love

I have been trying to go to a meeting, but it looks like the LL meetings in Rancho Cucamonga do not exist anymore. I called a couple of leaders in towns nearby and left messages but so far, no call back. I also called the general La Leache number and left a message a week ago, no call back. I really want to go to a meeting, I have been having so many issues and baby is starting to lose weight..
    Luciana, mom to Bianca, born 08/15/2011 - BF until 2 and a half yrs old