Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Love my DH!

Default Love my DH!

Just wanted to share something awesome my DH said to me the other night. I was feeding DS (3.5 months) on the couch and DH was sitting in the nearby chair just relaxing. He looked at us and said, "isn't it amazing that you're actually keeping him alive SOLELY with the milk your body is producing? And not just keeping him alive...look at these pudgy thighs!!"

I had to admit, it's a pretty heady thought to realize your baby is alive and thriving just off your own body!
    First-time mom to Markus, August 17, 2011.

Default Re: Love my DH!

I agree! When I look at my chubby DS, I feel a sense of accomplishment! Especially when the doctor couldn't believe that my DS is EBF
    The love of my life, Rogelio Federico aka Tre, was born on 22 July 2011.
    Active Duty Army Mom thats hates , but loves : and

that's lovely! sweet husbands rock, don't they?
    my husband sometimes looks at our daughter and says to me, "That's all you baby. Isn't that amazing!" it is an incredible feeling to not only grow a human being but then watch her grow from your milk alone.
    I'm a dreadlock wearing lucky SAHM to Sabeen Hunter (1/08/11) and wife to my sweet husband Amin.
    Love

I posted a very similar post once. Having such awesome support alone is a wonderful feeling but when you really think about what it is we are doing for our children, it makes your soul smile. So happy for you

Married to Josh 05/07/2005
    Grace 12/17/2006 FF
    Emma 01/22/2008 EP
    Frank 06/26/2011 EBF

"While breastfeeding may not seem like the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby" Amy Spangler

**** 8 beautiful months and going strong ****

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*saidah View Post
    it is an incredible feeling to not only grow a human being but then watch her grow from your milk alone.
    one of most amazing feelings in the world! it almost made me a little sad when i started solids.

and to the OP: your DH is sweet! kudos to him!
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*saidah View Post
    my husband sometimes looks at our daughter and says to me, "That's all you baby. Isn't that amazing!" it is an incredible feeling to not only grow a human being but then watch her grow from your milk alone.
    It is something! Of course, in Joe's case, he is an almost spooky mini-DH, so yes he was nourished by me, but no one says "That's all you!"

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

It is so nice to have a supportive husband. My husband has been wonderful, too and always has said positive things about my daughter and me.

If you aren't doing it already, I really recommend asking your husband to take pics of you nursing. You and your baby will both treasure them. My little girl just loves them and they are just too precious of memories to not capture if you can.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    If you aren't doing it already, I really recommend asking your husband to take pics of you nursing. You and your baby will both treasure them.
    This is a great idea. I wish I had told DH to take more photos!
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog