Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Should I always have a "drunk baby"?

Default Should I always have a "drunk baby"?

At some feeds my LO is the typical "drunk baby" after he finished eating. Other times he unlatches and smiles and talks to me. I try to get him to eat more by offering that breast again and I'll give him the other breast as well. He usually does drink from the other breast if he's smiling at me. But even when he's done with the second breast he'll just smile and coo at me and definitely NOT be a drunk baby. I pick him up to burp him and he's just a happy baby.

I'm guessing this is normal but I've never heard anyone talk about this. Any ideas?

Default Re: Should I always have a "drunk baby"?

I assume by "drunk" you mean sleepy? In any event, yes, it's normal. Sometimes nursing puts baby to sleep, sometimes it wakes them up and gets them going! All reactions are normal.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I love that "milk drunk" face that they get. It is so cute. Wyatt definitely get it more at night.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

Don't expect the "milk drunk" face every time, especially as your baby gets older and more alert and interactive.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"