Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so confused/discouraged.

Default Re: so confused/discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Because you are probably not making MORE than the baby needs now. A lot of us if we stopped pumping everyday could no longer make milk.
    IDK if I agree- she's relactated pretty much from scratch and just got the baby back on the breast full-time without needing to use the SNS. Isn't is possible that her supply is actually about equal to the baby's needs, and she's just having trouble pumping with the lighter-weight pump (she returned the hospital-grade rental), or perhaps the baby is having trouble nursing, or maybe she has some plugged ducts?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

When I tried pumping when very little came out, it was with the hospital grade. My lo has been doing a little better today. He's nursed since 5am today and I just fed him and he was a little fussy right now. But he has had 3 wet diapers so far. What is the minimum amount of wet/dirty diapers? And what if he only has wet and no poopy diapers? Even on formula he didn't poop every day. But he did yesterday. And not sure what spitting up means, but he spit up after this feed. What would cause him to spit up after nursing? Or is it just an air bubble?
    Trust me, I will never let my mil watch him again. Its very disrespectful. She has even given him bottles of water. I don't understand her. She tells me breast feeding is gross. Although she breast fed my bil, but not my dh. Doesn't make sense!
    I just hope I can overcome this.. I do not want to go back to formula!!

5-6 wets in 24 hours means he's getting plenty to eat. Poops are less of a concern, many many babies don't poop every day. My ped wouldn't get concerned unless my kids went 7+days without pooping. that said, if it is hard pellets when baby DOES poop that could be a concern.

Spitting up isn't a concern at all- more of a laundry issue.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

My ped says you shouldn't get concerned about a BF baby not pooping for a very long time (sometimes up to a month), unless it it hard pellets
    -Arin

Sealed for time and eternity to Chris on 08/26/10
    Mom to Ezra 06/24/11
    and Rebekah 12/27/13
    Proudly

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    IDK if I agree- she's relactated pretty much from scratch and just got the baby back on the breast full-time without needing to use the SNS. Isn't is possible that her supply is actually about equal to the baby's needs, and she's just having trouble pumping with the lighter-weight pump (she returned the hospital-grade rental), or perhaps the baby is having trouble nursing, or maybe she has some plugged ducts?
    That's what I said. She isn't making MORE than the baby needs. And that most of us who weren't pumping every day couldnt' pump anymore.

Way too lazy for formula

I think DJ's Mom and Mommal are saying the same thing. That it's hard to pump extra if you're already feeding your baby!

I think the crying and fussing is probably unrelated to your SUPPLY, which, once established, shouldn't tank that fast, but it could be related to your MIL's sneaking bottles to him! Or it could be that he's coming down with a cold or there's something else that's bothering him and making it hard for him to nurse.

Starting your period CAN reduce supply but that's just temporary. Hang in there, mama, you can get through this!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Thank you all so much, I was getting so worried. I went in for his weigh in and he got 1 ounce in 7 mins... I normally let him feed for 30 + and he is having wet diapers... I just get scared since I can't tell how much he is getting.. I just hope everything goes well.. I still have no idea why he was being weird though..