Re: so confused/discouraged.
Mama, based in your previous posts here's what I think you should do:
1. Nurse the baby as much as possible, experimenting with different locations and positions and using breast massage and brest compressions to try to speed flow to the baby
2. Record his diaper output very carefully
3. If diaper output drops below the minimum, supplement with the SNS, using pumped milk if you have it and formula if you don't
4. Get the hospital-grade pump back- if you are getting engorged after feedings it is possible that you may have given it back too soon
5. Never let your MIL babysit again- I can't believe what an underhanded, disrespectful thing she did!
6. Don't be concerned that your milk "tastes bad" because it doesn't. Do the Pepsi challenge and you will discover that your milk tastes much better than formula, which generally tastes pretty nasty. If your baby is upset at the breast, it is almost certainly a flow preference or positioning issue, not a taste issue.
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"